Friday, January 4, 2019

baseball and beethoven and bfe

Today, the physicist and I tried to have dinner and a movie.
We found out at the cinema that the movie, "The Favourite", had been canceled due to screening room problems.
Strike one, I told him.
So, we decided to go ahead and get an early dinner, as he had not had lunch.
He had a hankering for The Noodle Bowl, so off we went, around the block.
It was closed until 5 PM... and it was barely past 4.
Strike two, I said.
How about bouncing down to The King And I, have a bit of Thai?
Hate to say it, but it was closed, too, between lunch and dinner.
Strike three...
shiite.
What to do?
What to do?!
I suggested Spanky's... and he had not been since he and I were there, years ago.
He had buffalo chicken wings, I had the Spanky's Special pizza...
and we both had over three hours of talking about this and that...
comparisons of Chris Pratt and Chris Pine and Jason Momoa...
and movies like "Moneyball" and "Vice" and "Mary Poppins Returns"...
with plans to try again next week for that "meal and a movie"...
hoping the third time will be the charm.
(smile!)
Home run!!!
Hooray!

Then, whilst fiddlin' 'round on facebook, I came upon a cartoon that combined my love of baseball with his love of the symphony!
Of course I shared it the pun with the bfe!
(smile!)


"It was the bottom of the Ninth and the bassists were loaded."

Pretty funny, right?
But it gets better!
When I went to the source of the joke, I found others had added bon mots!

"Too many cello shots."

"Bach to a variation on bottom of the Fifth."

"Too many Fifths."

"Players who paused at too many bars."

"The bottom of the Ninth and the score was tied."

"The bottom of the Ninth and there was a full count."

"Conducting themselves like gentlemen would be a sobering movement of classical proportions."

Maybe I'll pass these along next week to the Secrest...
(smile)

Now, I'm going to watch a free movie On Demand.
Want three guesses what it is?
"Pitch Perfect" - for real!
Right place, right time.

No comments: