Thursday, January 24, 2019

my harbinger of spring


My Japanese magnolia is already in full-tilt, boogie-oogie-oogie bloom!
She has had creamy-white, rose-kissed, saucer-sized petals for at least two days.
She is the only tree of her type in bloom this early in the year...
and she stands proudly, against the clear blue sky, buds blazing...
happily sporting the only flowers in the neighborhood.
What a welcome sight she is when I approach home!

I posted the photo on fb, of course.
A distant member of the League of Savannah Bloggers saw it and responded.
"I just ran my snow blower for the second time in 12 hours. There are no flowers here."
That was less than thirty minutes ago.
Dave has had to use his snow blower twice already today.
Sure, he lives in Michigan, but still...
twice already today he has had to move snow around.
That type of weather would surely be the death of me.
As it is, the temperatures here will be plummeting into the 50's for highs and the 30's for lows, so I'll be bundled up indoors as much as possible.
That won't be as much as I generally would, as two film festivals are in swing.
More on that later, though.
I need to move along to the JEA for its second film of its 17th annual film festival.
Dave, I hope your weather soon improves.
Later!

No comments: