Wednesday, January 9, 2019

same hair!

What a hoot!
I had myself a doubleheader at the cinema and guess what I saw?
The same hair in two very different movies!
I bet I couldn't even have picked up on it had I not seen the films back to back.
Seriously!
The first film was "Aquaman", see for the fourth time.
Kindly bear in mind that it has been out for four weeks, so that amounts to just once per week. That corresponds nicely with the number of times, and frequency, with which I viewed "Batman" upon its release. Just sayin' this ain't my first rodeo, folks.
Don't forget my "Guardians Of The Galaxy" craze for BOTH volumes! Just search for GOTG within my blog and you'll see at least five hits on the second film, including a song I wrote about a couch at the Georgia Welcome Center.
There's one more thing to point out about this viewing of the tale of Arthur Curry. This marked the first time I'd seen the film in just a regular format. The 3-D had been the first, with the psychologist.
The second time - which felt like the first time, as Foreigner would say - was with Carolyn, at the IMAX of the Royal of Pooler. I stayed local for the third viewing, last Thursday, this time in BIG D and sitting up close. Today's was local, too, and I was in the third row, to keep it larger than life. Magnificent!

I noticed some helpful differences to keep track of the fighters in the Ring of Fire.
Arthur's armor is golden, with a turtle-shell structure on his right shoulder and golden spines radiating down his left arm. In addition, his helmet's raised crest runs from side to side.
The crest on his brother's helmet runs front to back, with all his armor in silver and in an overlapping plate format.

Oh, one more note.
I appreciate that the director was trying to provide more screen time for Amber Heard's character. However, those extended scenes, especially that in the Sicilian market, were obvious fluff and did nothing for the story.
Her contract must have required that 'mystery girl' nonsense, as derivative as it was of Roy Orbison's video for that song.
Kudos, though, to her stunt double, Joanna Bennett!
She was absolutely amazing!!!
Ryan Tarran was excellent, too, in his scenes!

So, where was I?
Oh, yes!
Hair! Glorious manes of hair!

So, here is Aquaman...
I mean, Arthur Curry...
uh... the actor, Jason Momoa,
in his signature coif
that can be read about here.
Sunbleached ends and loose waves,
free to blow in the wind
and swirl with the sea!
Then, we flash over to
Jennifer Lopez, in "Second Act",
the bottom of my doubleheader.
As Maya, long-time worker in
a large grocery chain, her hair
was nearly identical to Arthur's!
Perhaps there was not as much
naturally curly nature to it,
but those blonde ends are a
definite match!
Her hair doesn't stay this way,
though, becoming straight and
stylized when she becomes Maria,
a market consultant.
Whatcha think?

No comments: