Tuesday, January 22, 2019

denver double!

It's not like I intentionally paired the two movies based on their location.
Nope!
The universe arranged that as a special surprise for me!
(smile)
I selected them because I had not yet seen either of them.
Also, I had not yet used my A*List credits and they would expire on Thursday.
I needed to see some movies, and quickly!
Yes, even though it was a Tuesday and the movies were cheaper anyway.
(smile)
My first choice was "A Dog's Way Home". Beautiful scenery, Ashley Judd as a strong mom, and Edward James Olmos in a surprise role as a homeless man - plus, a dog for these last few days of its year! The 'Big Kitten' was pretty cool, too.
The location was primarily Denver, Colorado, a town that forced the family to choose between their dog and that city. The family chose the dog, of course.
(smile)
My second film was "On The Basis Of Sex", about Ruth Bader Ginsberg in her younger years, when she was raising a family and going to law school. Then, the movie shifted ten years to 1970, with her daughter now a teen and the American Feminist Movement in full swing. That's when the location shifted, too, from the northeast to the Rockies... and Denver, Colorado. That's where the Ginsbergs took on the Internal Revenue Service for gender discrimination, on behalf of Charles Moritz. They won, too, as did I.
Not only did these two films have a geographical tie to each other, but I had Carolyn join me for the latter one.
Then, we waited for Barbara and I was able to give her the ocean-themed calendar...
and an Elf In A Bag/ For A Shelf for her, too, from the Casements.
(smile)
Now, I'm home again and looking forward to more rest.
i thank You, God!

No comments: