Wednesday, January 23, 2019

204200: all is well

1/23/2019 3:48 AM
Simply imagine happiness, Faustina, your own happiness.
Feel the smile stretching across your face,
notice the lightness in your step,
hear the sparkle in your voice,
and all things, material and spiritual, will soon fall into place.
Happy today!
The Universe
***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Most of the time, I admit, I do better to not overthink, but to do.
At the Weight Watchers meeting at noon15, I was very upset.
Last week, my weight had inexplicably increased by a little over four pounds. How preposterous! How could I have gained that much weight in a single week?!
No one there could offer a clue.
This week, one of those pounds was gone. Had I done anything differently? No. In fact, I had two travel days last week, days of little activity and little control over food. In addition, I had a day between those of dining and noshing with distant family.
Yet, a full pound was now gone from my body?!
Ack!!!

So, I set about doing things that needed doing.
The laundry was the first to get checked off my invisible mental list.
I do find that task to be calming, especially in the company of Nami.
Only one other person came by while I was there, so that was nice, too.
(smile)

The next item of my day was a visit to the Jepson for a lecture and reception - the second this month.
This time was for the 13th PULSE Art + Technology Festival!
This lecture was by a very shy sculptor-cum-video game artist, Keita Takahashi.
I very much enjoyed this exhibit by him - I was able to create a little tune by touching the three letters!
Touch, after all, is one of my favorite senses.
(smile)
Another work I enjoyed from Takahashi was "Never Ever Quest", a series of sketch panels, arranged at varying heights to engage the viewer in the story.
By this point in the tale, 'Boy' is in the 'Sea of Taco' with his 'Bass-Riffing Red Umbrella (Rare)', after meeting three bears with tridents.
His journey had begun when he decided to take the Long Way Home after consuming a large lunch.
Nice of my musical memory to provide a soundtrack of Supertramp and Ringo Starr!
(smile)
Perhaps this scene from Erin Johnson's "Heavy Water" had jumpstarted my mental jukebox?
I'm sure it did!
See that black dog trotting along the forest path?
Well, of course that reminded me of the Led Zeppelin tune!
I loved that this exhibit was set at the Savannah River Site, too!
Right place, right time for me!
i thank You, God.
"Heavy Water" had been one of the few exhibits open prior to Keita Takahashi's talk.
Afterward, I had returned to the third floor and caught this rainbow-enhanced view of the mobile portion of "katniss" - how very lovely!
What a good reminder to search out new perspectives, too, not only of art, but also of situations in life.
Right place, right time -
aka, another fine coincidence.
(smile)


After getting my fill of chicken satay and beet-pickled deviled eggs at the reception, I was off to the grocery store.
Yet another task, finally checked off!
Then the dashboard reminded me that my car needed food, too.
(smile)
At the gas station, I was rewarded with an odometer reading:
204200.
All is well!
(smile)

No comments: