Monday, January 14, 2019

dawn at last


Remember this photograph?
I posted it over a year ago, when Dawn and I 'had lunch' out at Armstrong.
When we've been trying ever since to arrange an actual, bona fide meal together.
The problem was finding a date when we were both in Savannah.
That seemed to be rare, between her work schedule - which involves a lot of travel - and my leisure schedule - which also involves a lot of travel.
I should have taken a new photo to commemorate the occasion!
After all, our dining together has proven to be rarer than a blue moon.
(smile)
We met at The Noodle Bowl, as she had never been there.
Her New Year's resolution is to try new restaurants. Sure, it may be a scouting maneuver, to look for new clients for her company's pasta and sauce products. But it is certainly a way to check out more of the wonderful eateries here in town, especially those the locals love.
Like The Noodle Bowl.
(smile)
Yes, the physicist and I go there a good bit. Yes, our most recent trip there was just two months ago and was rather memorable.
(smile)
Yes, I've been there numerous times over the years, especially with the Peace guy. I have even been there for the MENSA group, too!
Let's just say I have fond memories there... and now I have one more!
She and I are hoping to schedule a dinner party - at my house! - sometime in the near future. She has a game called "How To Host A Murder: Roman Ruins" that looks like fun and can be played by eight people.
Here's the best part: the game has never been opened.
It'll be brand-new for all of us!
Now, who to invite to this future dinner party?
Well, Dawn and Chris, of course. Then, I think Smitty and Mary would enjoy it! And, do I overload Dawn by including Tony and Laura or do I ask her to invite another couple? And what about that eighth person, who to choose? The bfe? At least Dawn would know him. Or maybe Scott, the Eagle Scout? Or how about Kevin, to mix up the ages a bit?
I guess we'll have to settle that once we find a date that works!
Maybe we can help narrow that down at her Soup Party in two weeks...
maybe!
(smile)

No comments: