Monday, September 16, 2019

four musicals and a concert, too

Well, this certainly doesn't look musical, does it?
But it was breakfast today and contains food that was inspired by a musical!
Wait, that isn't quite right, either.
The actual truth is I was at the grocery store last night, in an area I don't tend to frequent, and I was inspired to buy a food, based on the musical I had just seen.
Yes, that's it exactly!
As soon as I saw the Enchanted Rose baby potatoes, I knew I had to buy them!
I had just seen "Beauty And The Beast", the 1991 musical wrapped around such a flower.
Why was that animated musical meaningful for me?
Well, I had known when I was buying my ticket at the cinema that I was at the right place, right time.
See the penny peeking from under the register?
(smile)
That movie was my fourth musical this weekend!
Each one was very different, demonstrating the many styles of that form of entertainment.
Earlier, I was ushering at the Lucas' Musical Matinee.
That was one from my youth and, amazingly, I knew quite a few of the words to sing along.
That Broadway musical was "Hello, Dolly", from 1969, and what fine dancing there was!
I even danced for five of those songs!

I had three patrons come up to me during the intermission Saturday to tell me they had enjoyed my dancing - very kind of them!
The Lucas had the Savannah Philharmonic's season opener and I ushered!
I very much loved the Bernstein and Gershwin, but that last Mussorgsky piece was my favorite!
Many thanks, Keitaro Harada, for "Moon River", too!
(P.S. He loves musicals and opera, just like I do!)

Oh, my, I almost forgot the little mini-concert!
I'd stopped by Ben & Jerry's and they had my favorite: coconut almond fudge chip!
I had just sat down at Johnson Square when I heard a violinist granting me some ice cream eating music -
"Somewhere Over The Rainbow", "La Vie En Rose", and "My Way", as I finished and just before he departed.
i thank You, God!

If this photo seems a bit green, that's on purpose!
I'd treated myself to "A Year With Frog And Toad", the musical based on the children's books about the friendship of two amphibians.
I was welcomed to the show by "The Rainbow Connection" - just Sam Johnson's way of letting me know he was with me.
Many thanks, Vann and Thomas, for the fabulous show and for taking a few moments with me afterward!

Let's see, that covers, in reverse order, the Disney musical and the Broadway musical, both from yesterday.
Then there was the show-tunes and classical concert on Saturday, plus the impromptu violin solo in the park, all following the kid-tunes musical.
And it had all begun on a full moon Friday the 13th, at the full-moon folk-and-gospel musical about witches!
What a delightful smorgasbord of songs!


I'm so glad Kaye and Barbara had been able to join me for that first one!
We three Georgia peaches were flying our colors that night -
and we hadn't even planned our attire in advance!
I guess it's true what they say: great minds think alike!
Hahahaha hahaha!

i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I had already spoken at length about that last musical.
https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2019/09/tragic-love-and-closed-minds-all-around.html