Sunday, September 29, 2019

pinkity Pinkity PINK

"Woohoo! What's that all about? Whatever it is, it sounds like fun!"

Oh, it really has been fun having so much P-I-N-K in my world! Shall I start at the end and work backwards or tell it from the first bit and go forth with it?

"Oh, cool! I get to have a choice! Hmm... which option to take?"

Alright, fine, I'll just jump in and see what happens in one direction, then switch it up if need be.

"No, please don't bounce the timeline back and forth and round and round! Let's take it in true FIFO style, shall we?"

First in, first out, you say?
Then we start with Thursday evening, at the Lucas!
CASA had its fundraiser, the 12th "Dancing With Savannah Stars", with ten local celebrities cuttin' the rug on behalf of children.
I was dancing right along with them!
Well, in the back, so I wouldn't distract folks, in my usher clothes... but the House Manager approved of my moves, so that was wonderful!

"That does sound like marvelous fun! How cool of Katie to let you carry on with your carrying-on! But where was the pink, please?"

Well, look a little closer at that photo, por favor.
There on the far right, that bright pink skirt of that tango dress!
And I can just hear you now, asking where is the pink in this street sign, right?
Well, let me just cut you off at the pass there, pardner!
Don't you see the reflection of the traffic light?
That's while I was waiting on the DOT shuttle to ferry me back to Forsyth Park.

"You certainly have been using that bus quit a bit of late. In fact, ever since you took Jim's tour, you've consciously tried to make more use of it, haven't you?"

You bet your sweet bippy! I figure that since my tax dollars are already paying for that transport, then why should I pay parking meters? That would be paying twice for having my car downtown. What silliness!

"Good for you! Glad to hear you're being more pennywise now that you're retired."

You betcha! Nor am I being pound foolish!
The always-free "Blues Night" of the 38th Savannah Jazz Festival was still going strong, so I partook!
Sugaray Leonard was still belting them out, fresh as a daisy, as I snapped this shot.
Such a powerful voice he had, such a driving beat in that rhythm, inviting me to dance, dance, dance!
Naturally, I did so.
(smile)
I had spotted an unoccupied space right by the stage, so I took it as mine!
Next thing I knew, the big man had left the stage and taken my hand - wow!
Later, the band surprised me with an incredible cover of "Comfortably Numb" - that was brilliant!
And what color shirt was the sweet singer sorting?
A very fine pink one, my dear!

"Very fine, very fine, indeed, and just perfect for sweet dreams! Did you stay and talk with him after the show?"

Well, I had thought about it, truly I did. But Carolyn had come up to me during my dancing, see, and she and Joyce needed to go pee as they had been out there since early evening. So... I walked up to the Legion with them and we all used the facilities there. Then they went off to Vinnie's for pizza and I went home for those sweet dreams... oh, yeah!

"So many men and so little time... "

You got it, girlie!
(smile)

"So, more men for sweet dreams on Friday?"

Well, no, not really, but that's okay.
I started out at The Playhouse for "Driving Miss Daisy", the first offering this season from the Savannah Repertory Theatre.
This particular play has been on my mind all summer, as you well know.
How very nice to not be in the driver's seat, but part of the audience!


"And I guess that parlor chair is pink? Is that the reason for this shot?"

Sure thing! If it isn't pink, it's close enough!
And not much later, I was feeling in the pink!
Jenn Bishop had invited me to their after-show party, for the first time ever... and I went!
We started at the Prohibition Museum's bar, where I treated myself to the 220 Milk Punch.
Boy, howdy! That bourbon had me quite buzzed!
Good thing they ran out of the chocolate almond milk and could only give me half a drink!
I even composed a little song for this one!
"Row, row, row your tub
very full of gin,
careful, now, don't spill a drop,
for that would be a sin."
Pretty ditty for a pretty dinghy - hahahaha!
Boolie - I mean, Chris Bass - had this one to himself, and let me tell you something: he kept that little duck!
Just one drink, though, and off we went!
Miss Daisy, aka Patricia Miller, awaited the pleasure of our company at the Marshall House.
Poor Hoke - that would be Patric Robinson - had barely arrived when we took off!
Jenn and her sister set us a hot pace, but we had cold libations a-plenty once there.
I had a tall, cold, glass - of Diet Coke - while Erik and I talked about sound and light.
Very nice! It reminded me of my time with the Armstrong Masquers and A.C.T.O.R.!

"Wow! That sounds like quite the evening there! How very kind of them to invite you to tag along tonight! How many others came along?"

Well, honestly, I had thought there were more patrons, like me, but it was mostly the Bishop family. Two that I thought were SavRepTh fans were actually the mom and dad. Chris' wife was there and a friend of Patricia's. Oh, and the man who wrote "Pump Boys and Dinettes" was there, too!!! I didn't catch his name, but I think he was Jim Wann. The Bishop parents were asking when he was going to write another musical and that was when I had tuned into the conversation. Once I found out who he was, I just gushed about "Vacation" and "No Holds Barred"!!!

"Oh, I can just picture that scene, with you practically bouncing up and down in glee!"

For real! It's a wonder I didn't burst into song right then and there!

"I bet you had more sweet dreams that night, didn't you, dear? "

Oh, yeah, especially as I was still a little lit. Then again, it had been almost three hours post-Punch by the time we departed. Maybe bourbon is not the drink for me? Here's a funny story for you. After we closed down 45 Bistro, I walked down Broughton to Whitaker, then up to Oglethorpe, where I thought I left my car.
My car was not there.
In fact, those spaces are marked for handicap permit use only. The signs clearly stated that violators would be towed.
Believe me, I had a few moments of sheer panic!
But I knew I had not parked in such a marked spot, I just knew it.
So I crossed Oglethorpe to look for the DOT shuttle sign...
which was not there...
because I had actually parked at Drayton and Oglethorpe...
two blocks closer to the Marshall House.
Silly me!

"Hahahaha! Hahaha! That was a funny story! Glad it had a happy ending!"

Meeee, too!
Now, let me take a bit of a break and continue the tale anon!
I shall return!

No comments: