Wednesday, March 13, 2024

i won a prize? from a survey??

Indeed, I did!

When I first received the email with "library survey" in the subject line, I'd thought it was a solicitation to answer questions about Live Oak Public Library, the system here in Savannah.

That was back in the third week of February and I put it off.

Last week, I finally read the email.

Apparently, I'd done the survey at some point in the past... and I won the gift card!!!

No, seriously.

And it's a substantial prize: $100!!!

No, seriously!

So, today, I made myself leave the house to pick it up.

The pollen has been kicking my sinuses, hard, and so I've been staying home, especially at night, when the symptoms are worst.

That means I've missed several events, like the Navy Brass Band on Monday, down at Tybee.

I had really wanted to be there, too.

But I know when it's best to let my body heal; that's why I won't be venturing down to Tybee for the SavArtsAcad Modern Band Showcase, either.


However, I did go southside to the Southwest Chatham branch of the library to take possession of my reward!

I also bought some meds to relieve my sinuses, and some sushi to relieve my soul.

Yes, I do believe I'm feeling better already.

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

What was the prize?
A $100 gift card from Walmart.
I don't usually shop there, for anything, but I can say this: that money will buy a LOT of canned vegetables and canned meat and canned beans.
Maybe I'll even buy some new sandals...