Monday, December 18, 2017

holiday treats with the boomers!


Want to guess where we were?
Betty Bombers!!!
The "born in the 50's and 60's" gang
were having a massive meetup -
more than twenty people! -
to dine and admire the lights of downtown.
But first, to order!

And what a fine-lookin' young man
behind the counter for us!
Usually, young women are manning
the order desk -
nice to see equal opportunity here!
(smile)
Me? I had the fish tacos this time!

I had the pleasure of sitting with
Yvonne and Louis Serensky.
We know each other from No Kidding!
and also from Christa's parties.
They've been married 25 years now
As I would have been in October).
Yvonne had made homemade cookies
for dessert - I had a pizelle!

Then it was time to move on out
and walk off some of that good food!
Fortunately, the weather was warm
and the drizzle had long stopped.
Some folks, like karaoke Mike and drinkmaster Richard, opted to take their leave.
The rest of us headed into Forsyth Park,
walking and talking at a leisurely pace.


At the fountain, bedecked with red bows and greenery, we paused for a photo or two.
That's me, in my Chemistree sweater, between Karen Halloran (on the end) and Karen Sherman.
Moving to the right, there's Marsha Deere (with very dark hair), Jeri (new to me, but one of the first members), and three folks I don't yet know.
So, let's start at the right and work to the left now.
That's sweet Sue Gorecki, Diane Johnson (of 40+WSN), then Louis and Yvonne again.
i thank You, God, that I have this group in my life!
Merry Christmas, y'all!

No comments: