Friday, December 22, 2017

art imitating life!


Can you believe this
beautifully-plated meal was
simple Vegetable Primavera?
I had actually hoped for
a Spanky's Pizza,
but the Tybee branch
didn't serve those.
I'm so glad they didn't!
I would have missed
dining with an angel!
Such sweet little wings
and lovely blue halo -
my thanks to the chef!

Then I drove around admiring the lights again,
especially this little train.
I say 'little', but the display was easily
more than ten feet long!
To do it justice, I had to park and walk over,
as driving past was giving too much blur.
Sheldon Cooper wold surely approve!
(smile)

Finally it was time for the doubleheader at TAPS!
First up was "Babushka's Basket",
based on a Russian folk story
about everyone's grandmother...
and finding forgiveness.
Do you know what I found
especially wonderful?
A real family -
mom, dad, three kids -
portrayed the family in the play.
How heartwarming!

Then came the play I was there for:
"The Gift Of The Magi".
This story by O. Henry is one
I've known most of my life,
but haven't seen it onstage ever.
See the woman and man in the middle there,
taking their curtain call?
That's Bonnie and her husband, Don,
in roles as wife and husband!
I just love that, don't you?
Life imitating art...
or the other way around...
and in two plays on the same night.
Christmas magic!

No comments: