Sunday, December 3, 2017

top super model



I awakened with a smile on my face and a rap on my tongue!
Not that I can lay claim to having written the rap by Charlie of Manpower.
In fact, I don't know what the man's name is. When I dreamt of him last night, he started as Joey the Rapper, but then I came to know his 'real' name. I wish I had caught his name, maybe I could buy him an ice cream, lactose-free or regular.
(smile)
All I can state for sure is this: I was the inspiration for his words.
(smile)
Here's the set-up, okay?
I was between my shifts with the Lucas. I had first bopped over to the park, to finish my popcorn. While sitting on the bench, admiring the blue sky and Christmas decor, a short man with a permanent dark tan walked past, talking about wanting "a credit card girl, not some hootchie girl". Whatever else he was saying, his upbeat attitude made me smile.
After the kernels had been strewn for the birds and squirrels, I set off in search of dinner. Specifically, I went to find Treylor Park, a venue I had long wanted to try. Grey told me it was on Bay Street, "at the front of one of the hotels", so north on Abercorn I strode, walking through the park and past the rapper, down to Bay and to the right.
That was apparently the wrong direction. I was sure by the time I hit Lincoln, with no desired restaurant in sight. Back south on Lincoln to Broughton, then to the right, to return to Abercorn and try again.
I hadn't gone half a block when the little rapper came striding past me, clearly and loudly speaking, obviously wanting me to hear his message.

"She's got to be
America's
top
super
model,
Got a figure
that came
straight off
a Coke
bottle.
"

And then he was gone... and I was elated!
He had seen my curviness and fully appreciated it!!!
(smile)
I know I had a little more sashay in my step after ward...
and then the sweet dream about being at a party and meeting him.
Makes me smile just thinkin' 'bout it!
i thank You, God, for inspiring someone to so compliment me!
i really needed that...

No comments: