Friday, December 29, 2017

juxtapositions on a beach


Folks tend to think of beaches as war places...
but that's not necessarily so.
Latitude plays a big role.
Don't believe me?
Ask a penguin.
I'm in Myrtle Beach tonight, located on Earth at 33.69° N, a setting which is slightly more northern than that of Tybee Beach.
Sadly, the temperature right now for both beaches is about 33.69° F.
I guess that's better than 33.69 K.
Still, I'd rather it was 33.69° C.
(smile)
So, what am I doing in Myrtle Beach?
Looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning "somewhere else" than home.
The good thing is this: Diamond Resorts will be allowing me to be toasty and warm.
The thermostat is set on 72° F, rather than the cooler 67° F I am accustomed to having at home.
i thank You, God!
I'm also blessed to have Sandy here with me in this three-bedroom suite.
I had booked this space at Dunes Village Resort because it was a place I'd never been.
After we check out next week, it will be a place I never visit again.
No paper towels, no coffee or accoutrements, no dish scrubber, no blankets...
and my suite is orphaned out from the main building at the end of an open walkway,
as if I were at a Motel 6.
At least I would have had coffee there.
I was also to have an oceanfront suite.
Here's my view.


Mind, that's the best view of the ocean that I have.
That's okay, though.
At least I can keep it as warm inside as I want... and I will...
for I shall not pass this way again.
Tomorrow will be the warmest day here, with a projected high of 58° F.
I look forward to exploring the sights of this beachside community and spending as much time outside as possible.
Let's hope Sandy will be up to the adventure!
(smile)
Now, we have full bellies from Friendly's and "Bruce Almighty" on the telly...
and, as I said, the thermostat set on a balmy 72° F...
life is good!

No comments: