Wednesday, December 27, 2017

the 12th of twelvetide



What a festive-looking holiday lunch, with red and green accents everywhere!
And if I were still in Panama, that might well be what I would have had: ceviche!
I was to have had my noon repast with Dawn today... but she mixed up the dates.
That's okay, I was already out and about so I still treated myself.
Merry 12th Day of TwelveTide to me!
(smile)


Next up? Time to give blood again!
Not just because the American Red Cross would give me this nifty shirt -
though I am certainly grateful for it!
More importantly, I usually do donate blood at this time of year.
It's the ultimate gift to the world: more life for someone in need.
I regard that pint of red blood cells and plasma as the best I can do.
It also fits quite well into my budget.
Plus, my body will always make more for future gifts!
(smile)

Okay, it was kitty time!
I had promised Jinx more than the forty minutes - or so - that was my usual.
After all, she'd been mostly alone since Saturday morning, poor dear.
She was thrilled that I was there... and even more so that I stayed!
I was there for two hours, busying myself with the first season of "Sex In The City", along with kitty-cuddling and a bit of snacking.
(So glad I brought my glasses so I could figure out the tv remote!)
And just as I was leaving, who should appear?
No, not St. Nick and his eight tiny reindeer - that's done!
(smile)
Kevin was back! Hooray!

And off like a flash I sped downtown!
Jim Reed was finally screening a film I wanted to see, so off to the 'Bean I dashed!
I knew many of my PFS 'family' would be there... and they were!
JinHi an Mark! Axelle and Jordan! Carolyn and Hai! Joe and Lois and the Buttner clan!
We had all gathered together, despite the cold weather, for a bit of hand-warming around the bright fire of Jim's personal film club.
For this final screening of 2017, we were treated to the 1966 Hong Kong film, "Come Drink With Me", originally titled "Da Zui Xia". That translates to "Drunk Man", which is the more apt description of one of the protagonists, alternately known as Drunk Cat and Drunk Hero, a fellow quite talented in martial arts, but finding solace in a bottle after falling out with his brother. He was not the star of the show, though. That would be Gold Swallow, a young girl come to rescue her brother from Sleek-Face and his mobsters. What a grand tale!

Back to home to finish this day with one last shot of Christmas cheer!
Back in time I went to 1955 for "Santa Claus and the 10th Avenue Kid", part of the "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" tv series. How appropriate that was!
An ex-con is in a transitional house and gets a job as a department store Santa. At the end of the week, he's tired of children all over him, making requests for fancy toys. Still, he notices one boy, a child who is a thief like he was. He talks to the boy, making him return the pilfered goods, urging him to go straight if he truly wants to become a pilot. The man then takes the expensive toy plane from the store to the boy's home, even breaking in to leave the gift as proof that he was the real Santa. He comes out and is arrested, but the chief at the transitional center convinces the department store not to press charges and returned his paycheck to cover the cost of the toy.
Coincidence that this episode was on and that I had recorded it to view today?
Let's just call it a gift from the universe, shall we?

i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I just received a phone call from the American Red Cross.
Why?
To thank me for donating TWELVE GALLONS of whole blood!
That means this donation was my 96th pint!
Pretty cool!
smile!