Wednesday, May 31, 2017

he's gotta be fresh from the fight...


The final entry in Faustina's Film Festival is another favorite... and was free!
My thanks to the GTC loyalty program for this birthday gift!
My quest to have a third in the "I need a hero" sweep quite naturally led me into deep space...
home of Ravagers and Sovereigns and celestials...

you know by now the one I mean -
"Guardians Of The Galaxy: Vol. 2"!
I know it hasn't even been
two weeks since I last watched it,
but I felt the need to be
enveloped once more in its
music-rich, testosterone-laden embrace!
This time, I sat in the very first row -
what an experience!
To see those bare male chests -
of Quill, Drax, Yondu -
up front and personal -
Oh! Pardon my swoon!
(smile)
For once, it was good to be
in one of those reclining chairs.
(smile!)

Fresh from the fight?
My, yes! Saving the galaxy involves lots of fighting - some of it with swords!
And all of it with music!
Peter Quill has spread the music of Earth to others... and they like it!
In fact, Rocket likes it so much that he prefers to fight with music as a soundtrack!
(smile)
This time around, I made note not only of the naked male chests -
ooh la la! -
but also of the tunes and tussles.
I thought about making you match them... but nah!


The very first fight is their battle to save the annulax batteries from an energy-craving space slug for the Sovereigns.
ELO's "Mr. Blue Sky" was absolutely perfect!
Such fun to see baby Groot rockin' out to it, too!

Rocket selects "Southern Nights" for his one-raccoon battle against Yondu and his ragtag band. Why were they fighting to this sweet song? Well, the Sovereign had sent the Ravager-outcasts to retrieve the batteries Rocket stole. Oops!
(smile)

Then we have one of my favorite songs - and scenes - in the movie! "Come A Little Bit Closer", with its South-of-the-border flavor, was the perfect spice for Yondu's revenge on his mutinous crew, with his arrow wreaking havoc and his coattail swirling beautifully - wow! The swagger of Rocket - who had requested that Craglan play them a tune - and Groot's antics made it that much more magical!

The fourth fight song just happened to be playing in the background for the lone Craglan when the Sovereigns' second wave of ships were launched at Ego's planet. "Wham Bam" may not have been a tune I knew, but he was really jamming to it before he had to alert the Guardians - and Yondu - that the golden girl was going after them. Fun!

The final song - and final battle - was done solely with the soundtrack in Quill's head as he took on Ego, the sperm donor in his life. Why did "The Chain" seem perfect for the fight? Just listen to the heartbeat pulsing through it - I think you'll get it!
(smile)

Saving the galaxy with boisterous battles is what makes them heroes.
Me, that's not quite my style.
I'm saving the galaxy by supporting the arts, the culture, the history, the sciences, and those trying to improve the lives of those around them.

i thank You, God, for these many blessings!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Lest I forget...
While I was hemming and hawing in front of the cinema, trying to decide whether to stay for a third movie or go home, I received a message: a penny had appeared by my feet.
"Stay", it recommended.
So, I stayed... and am so glad I did!
Thanks, Mama... I very much enjoyed my free birthday movie!