Friday, April 5, 2019

30th smf, day nine, noon and night, part 1

When I heard the group was the Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio, my first thought was gospel music.
However, when I heard them playing Prince tunes for the sound check,
I knew it'd be a different kind of church - "Close But No Cigar", so to speak. (smile!)
Glad I wore my dancin' shoes, especially for "Hole In One"!
I could just feel the Godfather of Soul in the CMC, movin' and groovin' right there with me!
I knew it was him because of the golf reference.
Love getting those inside jokes and puns! The 30th SMF has been replete with them.
This trio had a fun sense of humor as well, closing their set with a blast from the past.
No, not soul or funk, but "Can You Tell Me How To Get To Sesame Street?" - bravo!
I can just hear Delvon's promise to his "Girly Face" and "Shortcake" to do so!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

That was such a good use of my volunteer time!
Thanks for the priceless seat as stage door wench for my birthday60!
That was worth so much more than the $30 ticket!