Tuesday, April 16, 2019

let the sun shine, let the sunshine in!

My lovely little sunroom is, at last, open for breakfast again.
No more do I see this drape billowing, as it did recently on April 1st, as the cold air tried to forcibly enter my house.
I took down the partitioning sheet late afternoon yesterday...
just in time for the weather to dip into the 50's last night.
That's okay, I still have my heated mattress pad and double-mink on the bed!
I was nice and toasty while I slept.
(smile)
Not so much the case when I awoke at 8 AM...
so I went back to bed another two hours.
Ah, the luxury of being retired!
My thanks to the Georgia Board of Regents.
I truly have enjoyed not having endless mounds of papers to grade.
One the other hand, I've missed being in the classroom and seeing the faces of students light up as they 'get' the concepts.
Will I return to teaching some day?
Well, technically, I'm still an adjunct at Savannah Tech -
yes, even though it's been two years since I taught there.
Funny, right?
That pretty much means that I can claim both sides of that coin.
I'm either retired or a professor still, depending on my whim.
That's pretty sweet!
Next year, by this time, I will have applied for my Social Security benefits.
Thanks to my HVJ High School friends dropping knowledge on facebook, I have learned that particular process can be started three months before my 62nd birthday.
Several of them have already started counting down the days until they can!
Myself, I can patiently wait until February 29th - or perhaps a few days after.
(Yes, 2020 will have that extra day for us.)
What a relief to know that I can look forward to that money!
(smile!)
My thanks to the 74th US Congress, which passed the Social Security Act in 1935.
My thanks to Franklin Delano Roosevelt, our 32nd President, who signed it into law.
i thank You, God!

No comments: