Monday, April 1, 2019

30th smf, day five

This was rather a slow day for me, though I did get a fair amount of dancing in.
(smile)
On this chilly, drizzly day, I played hostess for the Swing Central Jazz professionals as they readied themselves for the midweek advent of the twelve high schools vying in the competition.
That meant I was fortunate enough to be tapping my toes for Marcus Roberts and The Modern Jazz Generation...
and making sure they didn't perish of thirst or become faint from hunger.
(smile)
Pretty good gig for me!
Maybe I'll see if I can work here again this week!
(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Here's a nice little story about today.
I've been a fan of Marcus Roberts ever since I first heard him on the piano at an SMF event years ago.
Today, he was looking for something low-salt to nibble on, but the only thing the table held that fit that description was the fruit.
I had brought a little protein bar that I picked up after my blood donation a few weeks ago. I gave the bar to him instead.
It was the least I could do in return for all of that foot-tapping, body-twirling music being played!
(smile)