Wednesday, April 3, 2019

true blue baseball, right here


Just which game might this be?
Georgia Southern University versus College of Charleston.
Right here, in Savannah, at Grayson Stadium.
Amazing, right?
(smile)
Even more amazing was that I was surrounded by family and friends!

Mister Willie was the first one there,
of course!
After all, he rode with me!
(smile!)

My dear friend Scott was the
next one up!
He's not only an Eagle Scout...
he's also the only one of us
that was a True Blue Eagle!
See him sporting his colors?
(smile!)

By the second inning, my brothers
Smitty and Tony had joined us!
My sis-in-law Laura was right
there
, too!
(smile!)

And that artist friend that usually
joins me for the Bananas' pre-season
family day?
You know, that party they throw for my birthday?
Well, Julie was right there, too!
(smile!)

I'm telling you, I was so thrilled
to be with all my fellow baseball fans
that I could hardly sit still!
I kept bouncing from one side of
Mister Willie to the other, making
sure I let all knew how happy I was
that they had come out to be with me!
(smile!)

The GaSoU Eagles even graced us with a win!
What a nice bonus for our evening.
Plus, we watched two future Bananas -
Austin Thompson is the one I recall -
out there making their moves!
Thanks, Berry, for pointing him out!
(smile!)



What a great blessing I have had tonight...
time with loved ones at a baseball game on an April evening!
i thank You, God.

No comments: