Saturday, April 6, 2019

30th smf, day ten, 'nother noon

What an extra special treat I had at the CMC!
Not only did I find a penny right there at my parking space, but the artist brought his whole group up on stage with him!
Oh, yes he did!
I met Courtney Granger just before he went on stage and it was a bit like my Alan Ruck experience.
I said, "Oh! You're the man!"
Smiling, he put out his hand to shake mine, saying his name as I said mine.
Then I talked about growing up with country music, especially Hank Williams and Charlie Pride and Flat & Scruggs.
He's more into George Jones, launching into a stellar version of "White Lightning" that had me dancing and singing along at the back stage door!
I had forgotten I ever knew that one!
After a few more tunes, they blessed me with... a Hank Williams song! And not just any song, but one of the liveliest he ever did - "Jamabalaya"!!! I was snappin' my fingers and kickin' up my heels for sure, y'all!
I just know Courtney picked that one just for me!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
(smile!)
Such a fabulous preview of the Cajun dance party that that will go on here tonight!
The folks with the Savannah Music Festival are even making sure there will be a big dance floor, not the little 'private' dance hall I use. Nosirreebob! Those Pine Leaf Boys need everybody kicking up their heels!
I sure hope everyone will oblige them.
The Lucas has me this evening, so I'm glad I danced 'with' them this morning!

1 comment:

faustina said...

That bit of lively dance music from my past would have cost me $30.
Happy birthday60 to me - all it 'cost' was some of my time!