Sunday, April 7, 2019

two-dle -oo to you!

So, what's with the crazy wordplay?
Well, it has something to do with Mickey Mouse
and his robot, Toodles, who is like the steam
punk MacGyver of the 'toon world.
I can't claim to have ever seen the now-defunct
"Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"
, but the littlest girl
just adores that little robot.
As she was celebrating birthday number two,
the theme had to be Mickey and friends!

Here's the birthday girl with her Aunt Chelsea,
decked out in the gang's colors, too!
No doubt Grammy Melinda was holding discourse
with Karin about there being so much red-checkered
wear all around!
(smile!)

I had not received the memo to be clad in those
gingham tones... so I was not.
Moreover, I had chosen to top my hairdo with the
'plain ears' headband, rather than one of those
with the little checkered bow.
I even played with a mustache for the photo -
such a nice change of pace from my chin hairs!
(smile!)

Michael was not sporting Mickey-wear either,
nor were his girls.
In fact, they were making their declaration of
being "Daddy's Little Girl", with Alyssa right
beside him here!
Leila was being a bit shy, but she perked up after
a rousing game of pingpong with her Daddy.
(smile!)

After we'd all had a chance to eat the cookout-style feast of hot dogs, baked beans, sauerkraut, coleslaw, and plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, it was time for... cake!
Little individual cakes they were,
so everyone could choose vanilla
or chocolate, a la mode or not.
So good to have choices!
I just know Miyah agreed!
(smile!)

She certainly had plenty of choices when it came
time for opening her presents!
What a grand array of colors and sizes and styles!
Quite a magnificent show of love from all there!
(smile)

But what was in that plain pink bag, the one
behind all the others?
Oh, my! It's so very heavy!
Christina had to help her daughter pull it
from the bag and then out of the bubble wrap.
Just look at all the different Mickey Mouse
images all over the picture!
(smile!)

That was "Mickey Thru The Years", a special edition stamp set for the 60th anniversary of the creation of that character.
The set was issued by The Gambia, no doubt to bring the eyes of the world to this tiny African republic.
I had received it as a promotional item many years ago, keeping it safe for... this child.
The black and silver frame is for Christina's benefit, elegant and lovely on its own.

The gift had not been the one I had intended to give... this had been much better and had popped into my head while I was wrapping the one I had intended to give.
Then it was a matter of locating the Mickey stamps,
suddenly creating a background mat for the frame,
finding wrapping paper to support the gift...
thank you, Mama, for your help, as always.
i thank You, God, for all the circumstances that had to fall into place for this gift, with its extra-special meaning for me this 60th year of life.

No, I'm off to see "Shazam!", y'all, on the Big D at Wynnsong.
I do hope it will be as good as I am hoping it will be.
Later!

2 comments:

faustina said...

Not only was the movie good...
it was absolutely fantastic!
Tonight, I saw it for the THIRD TIME!!!
It was just as captivating as it had been that first time.
I just may have to see it again!

Christina said...

So glad you shared this special time with us. We had a blast! The stamps will hold a special place for until Miyah can truly understand how special they are.🥰❤