Wednesday, April 17, 2019

eggstra! eggstra! read all about it!

Now, then, before you get to thinking about egg salad, let me set you straight.
This doesn't have anything to do with that.
The truth of the matter is that real eggs were in no way involved.
However, plastic eggs were in great abundance!
Plastic eggs of many colors, filled with wrapped chocolates or other candies or toy whistles or yo-yos or a variety of other goodies!
I'm talking about the Eggstravaganza! at Calvary Day School!
Never heard of it?
Well, I had not either, until my first niece called me at 5:15 this prevening.
(Hey, thank Sheldon for that word, okay? I rather like it!)
As I was saying, Christina called to ask if I wanted to join her and the littlest girl for an egg-hunting experience.
Of course I wanted to do that!
And so, that's what I did!
(smile!)

Great googly moogly!
Look at all those eggs!!!
But hold on -
not quite time to start!

Oh, Miyah!
Look at that pretty purple one!
Put it in the basket!
Then, get that yellow one!
Oh, and the orange one, too!

So very many eggs!
Good thing the basket is pretty big!
It's getting heavy, too, from all these eggs!
Wow!
Who knew there would be so many?

And who knew there would be so many egg hunters?
This first batch was just the pre-school kids -
the older kids had to wait until the little ones were done.
How very nice of the organizers!

Okay, all done!
Time to sit down and check out the contents of some of these eggs!
Oh, look at that pretty candy!
Look at that little toy!
Look at that!

Then it was time to have dinner.
Yes, that's right - we were fed, too!
Hot dogs! Chips! Cookies!
Carrots and broccoli, too!
Even some other vegetables!
Not that we ate any of those, thanks, we were ready to sit and that was another line!


Thank you, Christina, for inviting me to be one of the Three Musketeers!
Thank you, Miyah, for holding my hand and making sure I didn't get lost!
i thank You, God, that I was home for this call.
(smile!)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thank you my dearest Aunt Tina. I also was so glad that you got to join us. And thank you for sharing this with me today.