Monday, February 7, 2022

sweet dreams and good morning!

When you're smiling,

when you're smiling, 

the whole world smiles with you.


 

When you're laughing,

when you're laughing,

the sun comes shining through.

I just loved this buoyant short program!

He was obviously enjoying himself, and I've loved this song since I was a girl!

His was one of the first skates in the Men's Freestyle competition, and, for a brief time, he was in first place!

The 17-year-old from Japan ended up with a Silver medal when all was sad and done.

Good for Yuma Kagiyama!

And what a pleasant note to end my tiring day of travel in this cold weather!


 

Then, this morning, when I'd pulled up VH1 in the hopes of a music video, I got extra!

Yep, that's Tom Jones, acting as guardian angel for Carlton on "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air"!

Carlton was feeling a bit like a loser and was thinking the family would have been better off had he never been born.

So, enter the angel to show him how lucky they are, a la "It's A Wonderful Life"!

Yes, indeed, this may not have been the music video I had expected: it was better, by far!

Right place, right time!

Now, to have a bit of breakfast!

2 comments:

faustina said...

So, it's a Saturday night, and I'm watching a little tv.
Why?
Figure skating in France!
And guess who I see?
I recognize him at once, even though I don't know the military-sounding song that the 17-year-old has selected... but I know that hair, I know that flair, I KNOW THAT TUSH!
Yes, it's Yuma Kagiyashi!!!
And at the end of his skate, he has first place, as he had when I'd watched him in Ormond Beach.
Let's see if he holds it this time, or if he ends up taking second place again!
Hey, silver is always nice!

faustina said...

Woohoo!!!
Yuma did take the silver World Championship in the men's free skate!
Go, Yuma!