Monday, February 28, 2022

big steps toward normalcy!

I waited until after the mail came to make a decision.
My first thought had been to call Tony and ask him to drag my trash bins to the street for me, once he was home from work.
But the more I pondered the situation, the more I wanted to try on my own before I took that step to rely on someone else.
You know?
This was yet another little part of life that needed to be done, and I needed to be able to take care of it myself.
In the past, I would have turned each bin around, there at the top of my driveway, so their handles were facing the street.
Then I would have grabbed one handle in each hand, tipped them onto their wheels, and rolled them down the driveway and into the street before slamming them against the curb - BAMMMM!
Not this time.
I turned the trash bin around first, then tipped it onto its wheels and rolled it to my car.
Then I did the same with the recycling bin.
Next, I continued rolling the recycling bin to the edge of the driveway.
The trash bin was then rolled down beside it... and then rolled into the street, before being turned to lodge beside the curb.
The recycling bin followed suit, with both now in their customary positions for the city.
I wasn't winded, but I took a moment to pause and make sure I still had my breath.
Surprisingly, I felt pretty good!
Back up into the yard I went, walking at a leisurely pace, not rushing.
I paused again at the base of the front steps, before carefully going up and into the house.
I'd done it!
That meant I needed to take a photo to prove it to myself - so I did!
Time to share that feat with those I know and love!
So I did!
me: "Progress! I just took the trash cans to the curb. Had to do it in stages, but I did it."
me: "I did it slowly and did not lose my breath. Definite progress!"
my first niece: "Yay! I just got back from taking Moose on his first walk since I got sick. [She had COVID ior what seemed like most of January, then Influenza B for half of this month.]"
my first niece: "Look at us! Aren't we a pair."
me: "We are! Woohoo!"
And on I went, spreading the good word to my brothers, to all mi amigas, to the ex and the bfe and Dawn, and to my stepmom, to the folks in California!
I was like the Grinch, triumphantly blowing my horn as I rode into town to share the joy!
Ah, so good to have my exclamation points back!!!
So good to know I am on the road to normalcy, at last.
I went grocery shopping on Friday, by myself.
I've been cooking and washing dishes and taking showers.
And now, I've taken the trash to the curb.
Yes, heading toward normalcy, and that's a blessing.
i thank You, God.

No comments: