Sunday, February 6, 2022

vltat: why 2 keys

"Why two keys?

Yes, that's the question Robin asked me, as I had just old her I was here alone.

"Okay, so who is Robin and where are you?"

She's the concierge and, as I'm Silver Elite, she was the one who checked me in.

"That means you're at a Diamond property again? Already?"

I am, as I needed a break from the cold. Days with highs in the low 50's drain me, as it's so difficult to get the house up to 60 on such days. I reasoned that even if it's cold outside where I go, at least it'll be toasty inside! So I had looked online Wednesday for an escape... and found one!

"Very nice for you! And just where is this haven?"

It's a two-bedroom suite at The Cove on Ormond Beach.

"I see. So, for sure, the weather there is not much different from that at home. And with the pandemic still runnin' 'round, you couldn't chance inviting an amiga."

That is correct. It's too chilly to eat on the balcony, but I could still enjoy the beach view, amiga o no.

"So, that does beg the question: why would you need two keys?"

As I told her, I keep one in the car. That way, when I leave the condo without that card key, I will still have my car keys... so I will be able to get back in without going to security.

"What a nifty idea!"

Thanks! You should have seen the look on Robin's face - priceless! She said that was very smart and she was going to start recommending that practice to other guests!

"I bet she did, too. What a good idea!"

Hey, all it took was me locking myself out once, years ago, and having to wait for the building security to come along on their rounds and let me back in. Well, after I proved that I was the one who was supposed to be there. After that, I always have a key for my pocket and a key for my car.

"And have you ever had to use the key in your car to gain re-entry to the condo?"

 Only about three or four times. Worked like a charm!

"Any big plans while you're there in Florida?"

Certainly not for today! I did go to Publix and get milk for my coffee tomorrow. A big salad (as Elaine would order) and part of a roasted chicken made for a magnificent meal while I enjoyed "The Princess And The Frog" on the Disney channel. And now... figure skating!

"Oh, very nice! And isn't that the Russian couple? Wasn't that the last of the couples skating, with the lifts and tandem axels and such?"

That's right! They were magnificent!

"This isn't the couples skate, though, is it?"

Good call! No, it's the ice dancing! That looks like such fun! It's patterened after ballroom dancing, too, so the important point is to always stay in time with the music and each other, not so much making certain maneuvers.

"This pair isn't part of the Team USA, right?"

Correct again! They are part of Team China and they were phenomenal to watch. He's easily a foot taller than her, but they moved so very gracefully together that the height difference didn't even figure in to the appearance.

"Wow."

I totally agree. Now, I'm going back to it. Later, chica!

"Enjoy!"

No comments: