Friday, August 25, 2023

just ask, i've got the scoop!

Time for another get together of the Smiths and Kamerons!

Well, let's say all of the former and two of the latter.

(smile!)

Again, we were at Jalapenos of Sandfly...

again, we had a novice waiter trying to handle our table of nine...

again, we had botched orders.

Oh, poor Diego!

At least my Tacos Al Pastor came out perfectly!

(smile!)

Smitty's order didn't even come out until near the end of our time there.

I guess Diego got confused when Smitty and Betsy both ordered the same thing.

Oops!

I sat by Smitty this time and got to catch up on his golf trip to Santee, his first time being part of this 20-year tournament.

Sounds like it won't be his last with them - good!

I'm so glad he's back to doing something he loves!

As for me, I talked about the operas, of course, including "Madama Butterfly" and its non-PC story line and tragic ending.

Then I talked about the upcoming National Cinema Day, with $4 movies all day and all night, at both local cinemas... no one knew anything about it.

I followed that with my A*List membership that grants me three free movies every week at AMC for just $24 per month... no one knew anything about it.

And, as talk revolved around Addison and UGA, I tossed in the fact that Smitty could know go to college tuition free, as he's over 62... and no one knew anything about that, either.

I'm so glad I was there to let them know!

Who knows?

They may even act on that information, making better use of their money.

Now, against my better judgement, I'm off to an after-9 movie with Barbara.

Why shouldn't I do so?

Well, remember, my mornings have started early this week, thanks to the street crew right in front of my house.

Today, I went out and spoke to them.

The problem had been a tiny hole in the lateral sewer line coming off from my house and they had noticed it because the road was sinking.

For real!

So, they had two men down deep within the street, so deep that only the tops of their heads were visible.

By 3 PM, they were gone, having filled in the hole and placed barricades and warning lights around the area.

I guess they will be paving it over next week.

Until then, I'll be parking in the street.

If I park in my driveway, it's rather difficult to back out and avoid the area in question.

No problem for me!

Okay, gotta go meet mi amiga!

Hasta luego!

(smile!)

No comments: