Sunday, August 27, 2023

2nd annual National Cinema Day!


"What's that, dearie? Only the 2nd annual such event?"

Yep, you hear right! After the pandemic had cooled, the cinemas needed to lure folks off the plethora of streaming services and back into their silver screen spaces. What to do? Have a National Cinema Day to promote folks leaving home theaters!

"Very nice... and is that photo for real? You bought tickets for only $4 each?"

Yep, totally for real! I made that purchase on Wednesday, so I would get double reward points. I knew Zach would be there with his son and stepdaughter, and I'd thought Michael would be there with his girls, too. So, I bought seven tickets. You know, with one for me.

"And is that how it played out? You don't sound like it went as planned."

Hey, truly, just how many things in life go as planned? Damned few. This was no exception. Zach brought Krystal along, too, which upped their tickets to 4, but the trio from Guyton didn't make it, so I actually ended up with two extra. Those didn't go unused, though. A mother and her son had been in line in front of us and, though they got concessions, they didn't get their tickets, as they thought that was at the box office. When it turned out they were going to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem", too, I just gave them the two extra. Krystal thought that was so generous of me!

"And so it was! Even if the tickets were just four bucks each, it was still a kind gesture."

Well, thanks! As I told Krystal, it might have made a difference if the tickets had cost more, but I was happy to not have the tickets sit idle in my pocket.

"And how did your group like the movie?"

Oh, man, Kobe loved it! He and I were laughing out loud at the same places! It was great!

"That's fabulous! How about Zach?"

He was a bit distracted, kept looking at his phone, and may have gone to sleep at one point. Krystal and Olivia had to leave, as the toddler just wasn't into it. I guess it just had too much talking for her.

"Well, glad you and Kobe had fun! Glad to hear he's been interacting with the birthday gift you gave him, too!"

I'm just thrilled about that!!! No coincidences!

(smile!)

No comments: