Wednesday, August 30, 2023

keeping calm with travel shows

Yes, a hurricane is approaching Savannah.
Can I do anything to sway Idalia from her whale-breaching path?
Well, can I?
Of course not.
She's actually picked up even more speed on land than she had over water.
That makes her a "hurrycane", doesn't it?
(smile)
Just a little joke to break the tension.
Tornados get me wired out, ever since I was in one, working for Smitty.
Horizontal rain is terrifying.
 
Chatham county has a tornado warning going until ten PM.
That means my silly self is staying in the house.
The bridge is to close at 2 PM, not that I'm going to South Carolina any time in the near future.
Nope.
I'm having a home day, so no need to get out of my nightgown.
I've found that not getting dressed helps me stay home.
It's also a calming influence, as is hotdog soup.
Yep, that's what's for breakfast!
I'm glad I had one hotdog left.
Perhaps that was no coincidence...
perhaps!
However, this coffee mug was deliberately chosen.
As I told her: "[This was] another calming thing for me: a gift from my favorite niece."
Yes, "her" would be Christina Ann, who was checking on me today.
My cousin Penny was, too.
I had texted both of them last night, as well as the ex and Paul, conversing about Idalia.
How blessed I am to have them in my life!
And what am I doing to stay calm?
After all, there is nothing I, a mere human, can do to control the weather...
but I can certainly control my reaction to that news.
My gratitude goes to SCE-TV for programs of education.
No weather crawls of distraction, no 'mercials, and lots of people with calming voices.
First up was a family travel show that was all about Clearwater, Florida, home of Winter.
I've been there, and it was wonderfully reassuring to see that familiar place on screen.
Now, it's Rick Steve and he's in Florence, Italy.
I've been there, too, and even have this memento of the market bridge there.
Very nice.
And who do I after that?
Bob Ross, being the master of his domain, making choices of how to build the world on his canvas.
Yes, this is the right choice for me today.

My thanks to noaa.gov for keeping me up to date with those images and info.
I can take that a lot easier than the talking heads trying to scare me.

No comments: