Tuesday, August 22, 2023

tina tuesday with 2 with boo and 2 with tiffany

"Who's Tiffany? I know that 'Boo' means Barbara. You have a new amiga from one of the meetups?"

Nope! I was talking about Tiffany Haddish.

"The comedian? I remember her. As I recall, you had been quite taken with her acting in that movie with Oscar Isaac. "The Card Counter", right?"

So it was, seen while I was having a mini-golf vacation in Hilton Head during the fall of '21. I had no idea she could truly act until that film. Most directors are content to just let her do her raunchy comic routine. You know, like they did with Melissa McCarthy for years.

"Yeah, I agree. So glad they broke free from that mold!"

Well, maybe not completely. On this Tina Tuesday, I had an unintended double header with her. In the first one, watched with Barbara, Tiffany was the single mom of a son who grew up loving magic. That was set in Las Vegas and really made me hungry to return there! Plus, I was recently talking about Vegas with the ex and with Jayme of Savannah Stage Company, and I have so many good memories of my trips there! That was fall of 1983, as mentioned last week; March of 2007, with Mother Pat - and Tom Jones! - for what would be her last birthday; May of 2010, with the week split between Paul and Cathy, and my bff Sam; October of 2013 for a fall break with groupons and belated bday55 with Meat Loaf; and July of 2018, for bday60 with Elvis Tribute Artists and more!

"Um... that was a pretty long ramble..."

Oops! Sorry! Like I said, Vegas has been calling my name, so maybe I should go. I'm not sure where to stay, now that I'm done with Diamond, but I found a good deal about a month ago. I'd wait until October, right, as it is too crazy hot there to go now. Heck, it's crazy hot here! It's after 9 PM, right, and the temperature is still 85F... but with the heat index, it's damned near 100F!!! The back yard needs cut, again, but I can't do it with that kind of heat. My heart just won't handle it, as I found out the last time I mowed the front. I get it, I do. Once you've had a heart issue, your body forgets how to regulate its internal temperature. I only realized on Sunday what had been amiss.

"Hey! You better be careful with that! Maybe you need to get one of those alarm systems, something that can call for help if you can't. Doesn't your Medicare plan have one of those? And isn't it a free service for you? You should look into that tomorrow!"

Honestly, I'm okay now, I am. But I promise to check with UHC about that.

"Tomorrow. Check on it tomorrow."

Yes, ma'am. I promise. I will.

"Okay. I'll stop fussing at you, but I'm watching you. Now, get back to your story about this Tina Tuesday, will ya? Like, it looks like you had a nice luncheon?"

I did! Barbara and Sandy were to come to the Vegas movie with me, but Sandy bowed out, saying she hoped to join us for lunch at Olive Garden. Then she bowed out of that, too. She has yet to start using her prescribed C-PAP machine, so her sleep apnea has not improved.

"Her loss. I know how you had hoped to have both amigas there with you!"

I was! It seems like forever since I had an outing with mi tres amigas! Still, Barbara and I had a lot of fun laughing at "Back On The Strip" and watching the fellows shake their tally whackers! Then we had a grand lunch, with a very good waitress. I just had the soup and salad, but doesn't it look so fancy in that photo?

"Yeah, it does! Very nice to have shot it on the angle, with the light from the window."

Thanks!. That's what Boo said, too. She, by the way, couldn't hang out for a second movie, as her AMC A*List hit its third with that movie. Mine still had one more slot, and, given that last week I only saw the one movie, I was determined to see three this week!

"And that's why you decided on "Haunted Mansion" again? Because Tiffany was in it?"

I had not remembered that at all. I was just looking at movie start times and that was one of three possibilities starting between 4 and 4:30. I chose it because I thought it least likely I'd be watching it on National Cinema Day with family. Plus, I recalled that it had a really great cast of supporting actors: Danny DeVito, Owen Wilson, Rosario Dawson. But, somehow, I forgot about Tiffany as a medium... and had totally missed that the other medium was played by Jamie Leigh Curtis! But, note to self: noisy teenagers were out of school and there, too, at that time. They sat right behind me, too.

"Yes, I guess they would be able to go at that time of day. Plus, it's Tuesday, when the movies are cheaper, you know. That's how you first started having these Tina Tuesdays, right? Because the running bear was loathe to spend an extra couple of dollars on tickets?"

That's correct. I do hope he is doing well. His 41st birthday was last week, on the 17th.

"Really? Yeah, I guess that sounds right. So, when was it that you saw a second movie with Barbara? Isn't that implied in your post title?"

Indeed! That was on Sunday, two days ago, when we saw "Blue Beetle". I hope to see that one again, too, but maybe not this Sunday. Too many of the kids I want to invite would be lost with all the Spanish in it.

"Actually, it might be a good exposure to another culture for them."

That's true... but I'm leaning toward the TMNT movie. I don't know, there's another kids movie that's supposed to start on Friday, so I'll see if we get that one. I'm keeping all out options open!

"Good girl! Okay, go watch "Don't Forget The Lyrics"! I know you like that one."

I do! Bye!

No comments: