Monday, August 21, 2023

that girl is such a hoot!

 
I just had the most enjoyable textversation with my amiga, Carolyn!
She is the one who most embodies this Christopher Walken quote.
"None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop mistreating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you are carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There's no time for anything else."
 
me: Just checking on you! How are you doing?

her: Well.... was sort of excited as the eye l had surgery on was finally doing much better, then l have an infected sinus, bronchitis and and abscess tooth on that side, so now l have double vision in that eye. Hopefully just temporary, but was supposed to see Doctor about it tomorrow and just got news from choir director that the lady who sits next to me in choir tested positive for Covid right after she returned from church yesterday so l have been exposed once again and called drs. office and they canceled until Sept. 11. But l do understand that l do not want to expose Dr and staff unnecessarily.
I have been on antibiotics for 7 days and show no improvement on bronchitis, sinusitis or tooth... but still hoping.
"They shoot horses don't they?"
Hopefully they won't have to shoot me... and even if they decide they need to, they will have to catch me first!
No, l am not faster than a speeding bullet, but l fall over a lot, so l figure they might miss me that way.
Now , how are you? How was the opera festival? Did you get to most of the events? Did they sign you up for any gigs? Because l know you are like me and get inspired and cannot help but sing or hum. We try to be discreet, but being discreet is sometimes impossible for us when music is involved.
Seen any good movies lately?
It is no longer at the cinema, but really enjoyed the Indian movie, Rocky and Rani, a love story. If you did not catch it, try to find it on Redbox or streaming.  It was a very entertaining fun movie, but so much more as the movie went along. Went on a night, not a Tuesday, and thought it would not be a problem, but it was sold out (and it had been playing for almost 2 weeks at that time). Since l could not drive, someone had driven me and was going to pick me up at 12:20am when movie was over and they had already left and gone somewhere. I thought l was just going to have to sit at Royal for 3 hours, but finally talked guy into selling me the handicapped seat with the fact that if a handicapped person came in, l would have to give up the seat. Thank goodness none arrived.
Life goes on and we just have to roll with it and hopefully with a smile and no complaints!

me: My, what adventures you have! Hope that infection clears up well. I had a major poison ivy issue, but just because my body saw one little spot and ran totally amok in reaction.
Doc hit it with a smart bomb of prednisone and all red signs are faded nicely now, twelve days later.
Got to usher for two operas!!! Don Giovanni was a week ago, then Madama Butterfly was this past Saturday. Both magnificent!!! Ushered those two, plus two others! So grateful to be able to do that!

her: I can relate. Our bodies just seem too enthusiastic for bad stuff, but not crazy about good stuff. Glad you are over the worst of it. I am that way about fire ants. One can just give me the "side-eye" and I start itching all over.

me: Did get to see Rocky and Rani! That was great fun!
You're in Garden City these days, correct?

her: So glad you got to usher at two of the very best of the opera offerings. And really glad you got to see Rocky and Rani. Great fun and enjoyable and also near end so much about acceptance and family and taking care of one another. Yes, I am still in GC, but not sure about how much longer. Day by day. Sort of waiting to see if I test positive for Covid. Understand with new strain will be about 3 to 4 days before test will show. I am just isolating right now so as not to expose them if I haven't already; but just trying to do the best I can. At my age with all the other problems I'm having right now, it is not safe for me to be by myself if I do have Covid. I just will only use one room and one bathroom (she has three, so no one else will be using the one I use). I sent cousin to grocery to get stuff for sandwiches and soups. They fix and leave outside my door (kind of like I am in isolation in a kajor prison) only Jason Statham isn't around to break me out. Darn!

me: LOL!
Well, sounds like you have folks taking good care of you, and that's a blessing!
A sense f humor is must. So glad yours is working just fine. :-)

her: Yes it is and one I am thankful for! I did see Meg 2 last Friday. Like Jaws on steroids, but soooo over the top that it is not scary, actually kind of funny... one can never have too much Jason S. I just looked up the symptoms for Covid and it listed dizziness when standing, aching joints, fatigue, headache, body pains, chills and fever and some other stuff and now I am confused as I have had that every day for the past 4 or 5 years! Talk about LONG COVID! It's either that or I am just really, really, old. I think it is mostly the latter.

me: You may be right on that.
But to get a fresh spin, maybe think of your age with regards to that of the Earth's sun. Heck, you aren't even a millisecond compared to that!
Meg 2 was quite humorous, as I expected from its previews. Glad Jason was having a good time in it! He was 56 last month, same as my youngest brother will be come October.

her: Thank you good friend! And yes I am still kicking (well, it actually is more like a little hop). But remember that quote from some C movie "I am here to chew gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of gum". I am still kicking as (sort of, in a Senior sort of way)! Just not chewing any gum, it's not because I am all out of gum, it's because I hardly have any teeth!
Jason makes 56 look darn good! Also makes a receding hairline look fine. More men should embrace that look instead of the creative yet quite stupid looking comb-overs we see all the time.

me: It's like women dyeing their hair so they 'look' twenty years younger. That's okay! Different strokes for different folks!

her: And yes I see the irony in that. Maybe I should go make-up free, bra free, wig or hairpiece free and just wear pj's, but if I do, it would be called animal cruelty as I remember the last time I terrified the squirrels when I went outside after a shower with shorts, tee-shirt and no makeup and my hair in a ponytail. One squirrel broke his neck when he fell out of a pine tree when he was trying to cover his eyes with his front paws.

me: LOL!!!

No comments: