Monday, August 28, 2023

tcb and bollywood, too!

First, let me just say that is week is about taking care of business.
Tomorrow, I have an appointment for a "home health" visit from UHC's provider of such.
Accordingly, in preparation for having a stranger in my house, I've tidied up a bit.
 
See that dining room table?
That's the cleanest, and clearest, it has been in quite some time.
Though it does beg the question: Why do all that work?
This is a stranger who is coming, someone who knows nothing about me or my habits.
That means this person is not going to be aware of how much effort went into this scene.
So, why do it, and why have this visit from them?
Well, that last part is easy; I'm doing it for the money.
They come here, I get $15 in my UHC account.
That works for me!
The hearing test I had today was strictly to have something else to check off for UHC, too.
Caroline Zuk of Savannah Speech & Hearing found out that I do, indeed, have a hearing loss in my left ear.
That's from my days at FSU, and, specifically, from a delivery driver letting a metal grate slam onto the ground as I walked by.
It's not of concern yet, but should be checked in a year, she said.
Good to know!
And aren't these shadows cool?
(smile!)
And after a totally banal movie at AMC, I popped on over to the Royal of Pooler for a totally splendid film!
I've been keeping an eye on their listings and there have been Bollywood films there for two weeks!
I knew Barbara wouldn't be able to join me, now that she is back to tutoring in the prevenings... so, I took myself.
And guess who was there?
Mi amiga, Carolyn, who I haven't seen in weeks!
I wouldn't have seen her tonight, either, had she not come up to me after the movie.
And to think... she had been in the same row I was!
I'm so glad I went to "Dream Girl 2"!
For one thing, it was a love story, with lots of singing and dancing and that stuff I enjoy so much.
For another thing, it had a fellow I very much like: Ayushmann Khurrana, who was able to seamlessly transition from a very handsome man - with utterly gorgeous eyes! - to a quite beautiful woman.
Seriously!
And he did it all for love!
That's because he knew he could quickly make the money his true love's father demanded he have in order to be allowed to wed the girl.
Such a good movie!
And I'm so glad Carolyn had the same thought!
I stayed and chatted with her for about an hour.
She was making it a double, going to an after-9 Hindi movie, but that was too late for me.
I'll have to let my other amigas know that I've seen her and she's doing well.
Since she moved over to Garden City with someone in her church choir, she's out of our realm.
We'll have to do something about that!
(smile!)

No comments: