Thursday, January 11, 2024

a*list, past and future!

I know exactly what three movies I'm seeing next week!
 
"You have a magic 8-ball or something?"
 
That would be a crystal ball for prognosticating, not that toy with the floating answers. Not that I have either, though. Nope! My prediction is based solely on the films still, and now, playing at the cinema on Shawnee.
 
"Well, I do know that three new ones are due to start tomorrow."
 
Technically, that's their official opening, but they actually began today. You know, to get a jump on the weekend box office numbers.
 
"True dat."
 
LOL! Girlfriend, you are so not street! That's okay, you go on with your bad self!
 
"Huh."
 
Don't get your panties in a twist. I'm just kidding with you.

"Okay. So, you seem to be hinting that you saw one of those new ones today."

Sister, I saw two of the three new ones today!!! Double header time, to make sure I got in my trio for the week! It's been pretty cold, you know, so I've waited it out until today. That's when the temps bounced up to the 60's for me. Hooray!!!

"Oh, wow, very nice. And you'll get 70 for tomorrow!!!"

Right!?! Such a great way to start the weekend! Well, before Saturday drops into the basement. Ack. But so good to have this breather!

"For sure! So tell me about this week's A*List."


I'll go ahead and tell you about next week's, too!

"Sure, sure, but this week's first."

Okay! So, I'd seen "The Boys In The Boat" again last Friday. Barbara even came and watched it with me... and it was her fourth time seeing it!!! She's taken two others to it, she likes it so much! That's good!

"That's incredible! She doesn't do much of watching movies more than once."
 
Well, she does try to fill her dance card, just as I do. Plus, watching the movies is "free" for us, up to three, so that's a nice bit of entertainment.
 
"Yes, yes, I know how the A*List works. Three movies per week, all part of the monthly $24 fee. That's a real deal!"
 
That's right. Honestly, without that perk, I know I wouldn't be seeing as many as I do. Even the matinee prices are almost 8 bucks for a senior. I'd have to forego popcorn!
 
"Oh, heaven forbid! A fate worse than death!"
 
I know you're joking, but you know darn well that movies are better with popcorn.
 
"I do, not that you have that treat at every one of them. Now, tell me about those last two movies, because I thought they started tomorrow."
 
That's what I was saying earlier! Both "The Beekeeper" and "Mean Girls" officially begin on the 12th, but I saw them today! And Barbara saw the Jason Statham movie last night!!!
 
"Hey, good deal! You had company for it!"
 
Even better: I had company at both of those movies! Barbara joined me for "The Beekeeper", which was great fun for me, as I watched him lay waste to a bunch of con artists that made the DEA scam perpetrated on me look like small potatoes. Not that it was to me. What great fun cheering him on was he torched their devices and whupped their butts!!!
(smile!)
Then Sandy came out to join us for "Mean Girls"!!! I tell ya, it was like pre-pandemic days!!!
Not that the cinema was full, but for us to be together!
I think it was the news that it was a musical that drew them out.
That's certainly the key factor for me!
And the movie was so true to the 2004 version, and yet different enough to really pop!!!
Hey, speaking of Drew - get the pun? hahaha! - she is going to have the stars of "Mean Girls" on her show tomorrow morning!!! I'll have to make sure I let mi amigas know so they can tape it, or however that recording feature of On Demand works.
(smile!)
I had been watching her show all week for news of the movie, but it was all about resolutions and healthy eating and stuff like that.
I'm so glad to know she will have these young, musical, stars on tomorrow!!! 

"Well, good for her! That will be a good episode to watch!"

It will! Without her show, I wouldn't have known that "Wonka" was a musical, or that "The Color Purple" was a musical, so who knows when I would have seen them...
and, I'm going to see them again next week!
AMC has three musicals on those silver screens, so I'm going to fill my dance card with all three for a totally musical time!!!
 
"Good for you!!! I know you are utterly thrilled!!!"
 
I am, I really, truly, am!!! I think I'll see "Wonka" first, as its original was in 1971, so that makes it the oldest. I think that's best, befitting its status as the only prequel in the lot, and the only one which had a musical film as its origin. 
That will be followed by "The Color Purple", which had its non-musical original in 1985. I guess that makes it the middle child? LOL! 
"Mean Girls", with its millennial, non-singing and dancing, origin film in 2004 making it definitely the youngest. 

"Very nice! That sounds like lots of fun for you during this winter month."

They'll definitely warm me up! Woohoo!!!
(smile!)
What an unexpected blessing!
i thank You, God!

No comments: