Friday, January 19, 2024

popping p's!

Preparation, that's the first "p" word of the day!
This is to be the one decent day for the next few, so I needed to make a game plan for my sanity, so I didn't get cabin fever.
First and foremost, I spent the day out!!!
Woohoo!!!
Before being housebound all weekend, Friday would be prime time!
So off to the AMC for National Popcorn Day!
Seriously, that's a real thing, y'all!
I had the kid pack for the scifi political thriller, then Brian filled up the box for the free refill.
Many thanks, dude!
Then to the Papa John's of Sandfly for pizza!!!
That's right, I said it: pizza!!!
Their postcard gave me two pies for the price of one, so I'd placed the order right before bed last night.
I did!!!
One's grilled chicken, diced tomatoes, and banana peppers; the other is pepperoni, pineapple, and onion - plenty of p's there.
(smile!)
Both are large, thin crust, light cheese - perfect!
That should help make the weekend more bearable!!!
I even had a coupla slices while warm!
(smile!
Of course, that meant I wasn't hungry after for Jalapenos.
What to order, then, at the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta in Sandfly?
What else except dessert!!!
Perusing the options online, I already knew what I'd have before I went.
'Pilla - that's sopapilla, mi hermanos!
Honey and cinnamon and sugar!
We had the full contingent there, but my order was the only dessert... 
this time!
I let Mary and Laura and Tony share the last piece, and they ate it all!
Perfecto!!!
 
Then I headed off to Savannah Children's Theatre for their opening night performance!
Of course, right?
It's a musical, y'all!
"My Son Pinocchio: Geppetto's Musical Journey" was new to me, so I could only sing along to a couple of tunes.
"I Got No Strings On Me"...
"When You Wish Upon A Star"...
and at least one more.
I even got to sit on the front row, as per my norm!
That means the actors all got to see me laughing and smiling and enjoying them!
They got nice and pumped from all that feedback!
How do I know?
Because Danielle heard me laugh and let them all know that I was in the house!
That meant the Marionette with the golden braids, the badly-behaving boy on Pleasure island, the Blue Fairy and her four proteges, all knew I was loving their work!
And who is that in the top hat?
Joel Altherr, acting as Stromboli, puppet master!
He was the Cowardly Lion a few months back!
Joel Cadoff - Geppetto - had been the Tin Man, while Al Williams was the Gate Guard of Oz, playing a couple of fathers in this one.
How very cool to see them again...
and to be thanked for my enthusiasm!!!
(smile!)
 
Now I'm ending the night with a pair of my favorite private investigators, Shawn and Gus.
Peacock has "Psych 2: Lassie Come Home" for free, and it's new to me, so that was next on my agenda.
See that popcorn?
That's pure movie popcorn from AMC earlier today!
Perfect for this movie!!!
Perfect for the end of this lovely day!!!
i thank You, God!

No comments: