Wednesday, January 17, 2024

talking smack about the weather, part 1

me: 
It's after 10 AM and just barely above freezing
At least the sun is out and it's a blue sky day.
 
the ex: 
The sun just came out. 
It isn't doing any good; it's 7 [degrees F].
 
me: 
Holy shiite.

me: 
My stepmom sent this from Alabama yesterday.
"It's 12 and feels like 0. 
This is the view from the front door."
 
the ex: 
Amateurs. 
[He countered with the view from his front door in Michigan, in the 'fingers' part of the 'mitten'.]
 
 
me:
How deep is that?
 
the ex:
Well, what you're looking at are the piles made by the snow plow that cleared our driveway.
Amy reckons we got a total of 1 1/2 feet, that fell slowly but steadily between Friday and Sunday.
Drifting also caused some issues because of high winds.
 
the ex:
We were using the shovel and the snow thrower every several hours, to clear walkways and areas for Millie to do her business outside.
I cut out something I call "the arena" for her.
 
me:
Millie is a lucky dog.
 
the ex:
Well, she's so small that she would have gotten lost in the snow!
One morning, I tried to cut a little bit before she needed to go out but she needed to go as soon as she got up.
Two steps into it and she went right down there.
 
me:
Oh! Poor puppy! 
What a cold shock!

the ex:
She wasn't out in it long enough to get that wet, and she was happy to have some breakfast right afterward.

No comments: