Wednesday, January 24, 2024

change of plans, for the better!

"What are you doing?", she asked.
 
"Having breakfast," I replied.
 
"Breakfast? It's almost lunch time!"
 
When she phoned, she was on her way to an appointment with her doctor.
Would I be available in an hour?
Of course I would be.
That movie will wait for a later time.
After all, how often do I get to dance in the rain with my first niece?
(smile!)
 
Not that it was still raining by the time we met at the restaurant.
The intermittent sprinkle had ceased.
And just where did we go?
Cancun?
Olive Garden?
Nope, not those.
The appointment had been with her gyn doc.
Those visits mean it's time for crab stew at Barnes for her.
Truly.
I opted for the Wednesday pork chop special.
One of those grilled beauties went home with me, as well my toast and most of her fries.
That means dinner tonight is done!
We were still chatting in the parking lot, after our two-hour luncheon, and I decided to take a photo...
when, suddenly, the rain started back up...
going from a light sprinkle to big heavy drops...
so we had to hurry up and get the shot and be on our way!
(smile!)

She went back to Hinesville; I went to the movie I'd postponed.
"The Book Of Clarence" is about to start now, so... later!

No comments: