Sunday, January 21, 2024

just another 24 hours to go

I'm trying to stay positive, I really am, but...

I do so loathe this cold weather.

This is as good as it got yesterday.

Now, it's about 24 hours later...

and worse than it was yesterday.

Sunny Sunday or no, the temperatures are not even going to try to crawl out of the 30's.

That just isn't supposed to happen at this latitude.

I keep telling myself to hang in there...

tomorrow's gonna be a brighter day...

that's what Jim Croce would say.

He's right, too.

By this time tomorrow, the high will be twenty degrees warmer.

Yes, twenty degrees warmer, in the mid-50's.

By Wednesday, the highs will be in the low 70's.

i thank You, God.

I just need to think warm thoughts until then.

I'm so glad I planned ahead and have pizza.

This morning, I finished off the last two slices of the pepperoni pie - and I didn't even heat it up, I ate it straight out of the fridge.

As I did yesterday, I accompanied it with an episode of "Monk" on Peacock.

Good choice!

He was on vacation with Sharona  and her son, at a beach resort somewhere.

Heard that?

A beach resort...

allowing me to vicariously soak up warmth on that sandy shore with them...

ahhhh...

that was quite nice.

Now, I have a $1 Weekend Movie Night reward to cash in.

Somewhere warm would be the perfect destination!

I even have popcorn to enjoy the experience even more.

Just another 24 hours to go...

1 comment:

faustina said...

Not at a beach, but it did have a lot of 'b's!
I chose "The Blues Brothers"!
Definitely a good choice, too!!!
How could I not get up and dance to so many of those songs???
What a silly question!