Friday, January 12, 2024

three dinners and a luncheon!

Last Saturday, my first niece called.

She and her daughters would be in town for Olive Garden with her mom and sister.

Did I want to join them for a girls' luncheon???

Of course I did!!!

That would be our first get together of the new year... and the weather was in the 60's!

We even enjoyed the warm day while the girls ran out their excess energy before the drive home! 

Just perfect!!!

Before that, I hadn't dined out, but I did dine in!

The physicist was over at my house and, having recently learned that pizza is my favorite food, he rang up Papa John and got us another one!

Did I say "another"?

I did, as he had been by just before Christmas, too.

That's when we watched the first two parts of a miniseries, "The Defiant Ones", about Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine and Interscope Records and Beats.

It was on Tubi, not Peacock, and was an HBO original, not a Peacock one, but the bfe was cool with the mix-up and it all worked out okay.

The bfe and I finished the series on the first Wednesday of 2024, then had a nice discussion after - purr-fect!!

So, that started my new year with a bang, and the last two evenings have done the same for this second week.

Thursday, I was out to the movies... and amigas were right there with me for the new musical, "Mean Girls"!!!

No mean girls here, though!!!

I suggested dinner after and Bowties BBQ was the answer from Barbara and Sandy - nice!!!

And tonight, of course, was the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta at Jalapenos of Sandfly!

All of the Smiths were there, but Mark was the sole rep for the other family.

No worries, not with Andrea - Smitty's favorite waitress - making sure we were set!

We were actually there a bit later than usual; not because both Mark and I were late, but because the night was in the 60's, so the joint was busy!

Speaking of joints, that was a hot topic, as Tony and Laura had visited a shop with THC gummies and brownies while in Missouri.

I guess that was the good side of having a layover in Kansas City!

(smile!)

Ah, yes... good times, good times, with friends and family!

And now I'm home again, just in time for "Penn & Teller: Fool Us", with fond memories of seeing their magic in Las Vegas with Paul and Cathy!

Marvelous memories, old and new!

(smile!)

No comments: