Monday, January 8, 2024

home after a day of bones

Yes, home I am once more, this time to stay.
This petsitting post hasn't been the joyful experience of the past.
For one thing, I've been forced - no, encouraged - to return home rather than stay the entire time with the dog and cat.
For another thing, the weather has been rude, bouncing about like a Mexican jumping bean.
See what I mean?
Down to the 30's on Thursday, my first night there, then straggling in the 50's all of Friday.
I'd stayed there most of that day, as Cole and his g'friend weren't due in until after 7.
That meant the critters would have had a very late dinner, so I fed them before I left and spent Friday night at home.
The couple had stayed until sometime in the afternoon on Sunday, so I'd at least had a nice, warm Saturday with no plans.
That was fortunate, as it had left me open for an impromptu luncheon with folks from Hinesville and Guyton - very nice!
However, by the time Laura's son departed for Tampa, Sunday was cooling back down, so Dane didn't get to have any sunshine time in the back yard, nor on the front porch.
He was glad to see me, even eating all his dinner with no coaxing!
I think he understood that Tony and Laura would return the next day, right on schedule.
However, that was not to be.
Monday was tolerably good weather, essentially in the upper 50's all the day and night.
Well, it was here, but not in Kansas City.
There, it was to be a snowy day.
Still, that wasn't the reason for the flight delay.
Tony had called from the tarmac to say they were waiting for new windshield wipers.
That took three hours, making them miss their connection.
The only available flight from the ATL was at 8 AM on Tuesday...
but they managed to both get on standby for the last flight out on Monday night for Savannah...
and they made it on!!!
That was just before 11 PM and that's when I left.
So, what's up with this photo?
This is from the 2009 movie I watched on their DISH.
Yes, that's Sandra Bullock and the movie was "The Proposal", which paired her with Ryan Reynolds.
No, that's not the MINT mogul in this image -
Here's the thing: he was also in "The Lost City", as the pilot that came to the aid of the novel writer's press agent when no one else did, even helping her get the local Coast Guard involved in the search for the writer.
He was the pilot with a goat as his copilot, right?
As many times as I saw that movie in the cinema, his little scenes made an indelible impression on my psyche.
And when I noticed him in "The Proposal", it wasn't his role as the town grocer...
oh, no, no, no...
it was him as the town's only male stripper, called into action for the bachelorette party!!!
(smile!)
He also happened to be the town's ordained minister.
So many little roles, and all done with panache!
He's my age, so that made him 51 in that movie.
Very nice!
(smile!)
So, what's that about bones?
The post title refers to the television show, which has a lot of science in it.
Much as I like that, I doubt I would have watched for long if not for David Boreanaz.
By the time "Bones" came around, I was already hooked on him as a vampire with soul.
Today, one of the channels on DISH was having a marathon of the show, so that made my time there with Dane and Frosty pretty pleasurable.
Still, it's going to be good to sleep in my own bed tonight...
and for the next few nights for as long as I can tell.
i thank You, God.

No comments: