Tuesday, January 9, 2024

retiring my Elvis social calendar schedulers


"Oh, no! You aren't going to have Elvis singing and dancing on your kitchen cabinets?"
 
Don't be silly! Of course I'm going to still have them to keep my days straight! After all, I know very well that every day is not Saturday, and I look to his white Vegas jumpsuit to help me keep up with events of interest. It's just that some of the days have gotten a bit tatty looking, so it's time for a fresh batch of men to make my mornings percolate!
 
"Hahaha! I see that joke you made! That you'll be looking at your schedule as Mr. Coffee makes that cuppa of decaffeinated joy for you. Nicely done!"
 
Thanks! Nice to be appreciated by somebody around here... hahaha! 

"You know your actions are always met with gratitude, right? I guess my surprise is that you didn't get this done before now. Isn't it usually a 'first day of the new year' thing?"

Yes, it is, but I guess I've been a bit slack with those things. For example, I didn't get my new wall calendar marked up with birthdays, anniversaries, and such until the third. I'm clearly out of my groove. That annual task is usually done before the end of the preceding year! Good thing I got it done last week or I would have probably missed Christy's birthday.

"No, I feel sure you would have remembered. Her birthday on the 5th falls on the same day as either your Grandma or Grandpa Lee, so that date has held importance for you for your whole life."

Of course you're correct, I was just making the point that I was late in getting organized this year. That's all. Here's another example: my jar of "good times had with others" was still full of last year's events until today. In my defense, I've been with the dog and cat, and mostly at their house, not mine. So, the first week's worth of events have been languishing on the dining room table, waiting for it to be emptied.

"Wow! That's a lot of good times that were stuffed in there!"

For sure! Some should have been up on the dining room walls with the other stuff. For instance, those six baseball games certainly should have been, especially as three of them were shared with the Great Scott. (smile!)

"Yeah, that's true! Including that Greenjackets game in Augusta."

Correct! Then there were the nine - nine!!! - concerts I ushered with the Savannah Music Festival. Those certainly should have been on the walls, as I had all five of the events ushered for the Savannah Voice Festival up there.
 
"Glad to see you are back to being a busy, vibrant woman, dear."
 
Thanks, me, too. Yes, me, too.

No comments: