Thursday, January 4, 2024

it's dane and frosty time, it's dane and frosty time!

"It's Dane and Frosty Time.

It's Dane and Frosty Time.
 
The dog and kitteh, too,

Say Howdy Do to you.

Let's give a rousing cheer,

Cause Dane and Frosty's here,

It's time to start the show,

So kids let's go!
"
 
Funny how my mental jukebox comes up with songs, whether I ever watched the vaudeville-style children's television show or not.
 
Anyway... Tony and Laura are out and about, this time to return Noah to his girlfriend's arms for his 18th birthday tomorrow.
 
Ah, the things parents do for their young'uns!
 
Dane is none too happy about the situation, but he did eat his dinner, so that's good.
 
Frosty ate his dinner just fine, as he always does.
 
What about me?
 
Well, I ate the Birds Eye Voila Garlic Chicken, but I overcooked it, twice.
 
Better luck next time, I hope.
 
The laundry turned out just fine, so I have fresh bed linens for when I return home.
 
Most excellent!
 
Today, I also finished up my first AMC A*List of 2024, with two of the three movies seen for the first time - sweet!

Those two would be "The Iron Claw" - watched on Tuesday as part of a double header - and "Migration", in 3-D, watched this afternoon.

The sports film was about wrestlers and I had thought I might recognize them, but I did not.
The Von Erichs came along in the late 1970's, which was after my family had stopped watching that sport.
My parents had divorced and Daddy was the one who instigated all the sports on TV.
This documentary was rather sad; four of the five brothers died young, two by mishap and two by their own hand.
Wow.

The animated movie was a bit slow for the first thirty minutes or so, but the latter half was great fun!
I swear, I've gotten to where I get a solid inkling of the new theme rides to come every time I watch one of these films!
Oh, plus, there was a cartoon before the movie!
It had Minions and that silly bad guy, Vector, the one who wanted to steal the moon.
That was quite funny!

So, where was I?
Oh, yes, needing o speak of the second film seen on Tuesday, of course.
In other words, right smack dab in the middle of my trio!
That movie was "Wonka".
I had suspected the wrestling movie would be sad, so I wanted something upbeat afterward.
This joyful musical - and the company of mi amigas, Sandy and Barbara - was perfect!
Just perfect!

That's how this day has been, too.
My trio is done, my laundry is done, I have pets to scratch under their chins...
and I have "Die Hard" on the telly!
Very nice!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Dane and Frosty time didn't last very long.
Tony had said that Laura's son Cole, as well as his girlfriend, might be coming up to Savannah from Tampa, to have a bit of a holiday.
He called me Friday morning to say that was definitely happening, and their ETA would be about 7:30 PM that evening.
Well, drats.
So, I gathered up all my stuff and went home after feeding the critters.
Dane was so unhappy.
I must admit, I was a bit bummed out, too.
I'll see them again tomorrow (Sunday), as the couple should be returning home sometime after noon.
That will only be for one day, though, as Tony and Laura should return Monday.
This time has been a bit of a bother, but that's okay.
Tony came to my house to work on two Saturdays.
I know he thought that was a bother, so, this makes that null and void.
(smile)