Tuesday, January 10, 2017

and now...


Tuesdays with Kevin are done.
In one way, it's rather sad. I've truly enjoyed the evenings of meals and laughter and movies.
On the other hand, my Tuesdays are now open for different adventures... and that is good.
The school tends to have concerts on those evenings and now I can attend those free-for-me events.
Also, Savannah Social has game nights on Tuesdays at a coffee shop downtown and I've been curious. Now, I'll be able to go and play with others!

Tonight, my first niece and I dined at Applebee's. She had picked me up after work and I had suggested there because I had a gift card. (My meal was "free"! Thanks, Smitty!) The plan was to dine, then dash over to the Carmike to join Barbara and Sandy for the new true-life tale, "Hidden Figures".
That was the plan.
However, dinner ran long, so we missed seeing it at the Carmike... but we made it to the Victory just fine! I texted the others to let them know of the change for us. I had thought I'd hear back from them after the movie.
Nah.
That's okay.
Great movie, great meal, great company!
And I got to see Kevin after all - Kevin Costner!

And, when she dropped me off, she waited until I got inside the house.
Making sure I was safe?
Not really the reason this time.
She wanted to be sure my heat was working... which, mercifully, it was.
i thank You, God!
Last night, as I was going to bed, I realized I had not heard the heat kick on for a while and the house was feeling a bit chilly. That's when I realized something was wrong. As it was almost 2 AM, I cranked up the mattress warmer and said a prayer before crawling into bed.
This morning, when I woke up at 9 AM, I tried to turn on the heat... and, mercifully, it came on!
i thank You, God!
Something is amiss with the relay that turns on the fan. The heater component was working as it should, but the fan was not coming on the spread the heat into the house, so the heater would then turn itself off.
When I had awakened, I flipped the thermostat to "heat". Then, after giving it a few moments to kick in, I manually turned on the fan, rather than leave it on "automatic". That worked!
i thank You, God!
Before I left for Savannah Tech, I switched the fan back to "automatic", hoping for the best.
And the best is what I received.
i thank You, God.

Christina told me to come over to her house if that problem comes back.
No matter what time, she added.
I'll be sure to take her up on that.

No comments: