Tuesday, January 3, 2017

the beagle and gravity


Well, I had meant to read this yesterday...
you know, on Monday, as it was intended...
but I kept busy with school-related preparations all day...
and I forgot.
Too bad!
This second bit of poetry from Peter S. Beagle would have fit right in with what I was doing all day -
science!
Titled "Physics Teacher Gunch", it was a laughing look at gravity as a force in action! Truly it was!
You see, this old physics professor...
named Gunch, as per the title...
was teaching the concept of gravity to a bored Physics 104 class...
and as he was telling them "The Big G waits for all of us -"
he shouted
"Hey, you in back! Don't snore!" -
and "stamped his foot for emphasis
and fell right through the floor."

Hahahaha! Hahaha!
"He proved that gravity exists
by falling through the floor."

You said it, Mr. Beagle!
I'll be sure to share this with the bfe!

No comments: