Tuesday, January 3, 2017

winner, winner, chicken dinner!


Hey, Dood!
You're TIRED of watching football???? Wow.
Me? I only watch the SuperBowl and that's only if someone I know is having a party and has invited me.
Missed it last year... hahaha!
I've been using my time this week to organize my school stuff and to write my syllabi. It's going to be an interesting time, I tell you that. I have three totally different lectures and three totally different labs at the two schools. That's going to take a lot of prep work! Thankfully, I have taught all of them before, so it'll just be a matter of finding my rhythm with them. Hopefully, that will occur before the end of January!
I had two friends over for dinner tonight!
That's right - at my house!!!
It's been over a year since that happened.
My dinner guests were Kevin and his girlfriend Silvia. We ate Cornish game hens, collard greens, and black beans with rice and tomatoes. I had bought the little chickens and greens for New Year's Day, but never did invite folks over, so they remained uncooked. But not tonight!
It was nice to eat at my house instead of going out to eat, like we usually do on Tuesdays before going to the movies. They really appreciated it, too!
Okay, guess that'll do for now!
with much love!

No comments: