Wednesday, August 29, 2018

guess who's back? billy's back, billy's back, billy's back


Not that I, nor the real Slim Shady, were there to witness it on Sunday.
I can't speak for Eminem, but I was on yet another Florida vacation.
(smile)
Admittedly, my church attendance has been fairly nonexistent this summer.
True, I was there for the new Imam's first sermon at Asbury Memorial UMC.


I was also present two weeks ago when Rabbi Haas graced the podium in the sanctuary.
He can always be counted on to give a rousingly good talk, with plenty of humor sprinkled in with the day's lesson. Mary Poppins had that recipe down pat and so does he!
(smile)
With a title like "You're Making Me Angry, You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry", expectations of it being good and entertaining were met and surpassed! I especially liked that he used a well-known character like The Hulk to make his point... and that he emphasized the weak, introverted, human scientist - Dr. Bruce Banner, played so charmingly in my youth by Bill Bixby - who was the alter ego of the larger-than-life rampager.
As Rabbi Haas so ably pointed out, we all have The Hulk lurking inside. When we're driving and a car cuts us off, when we're in quick checkout lane and the person in front of us has a buggyful, when we're bout to pull into the perfect parking space and someone else zips on in there... yeah, I could totally relate.
So could everyone there. Even if they didn't know the Marvel character, they understood the examples. We all understood the lesson, too.
Be patient with each other.


And remember that spoonful of sugar...? How about another cake contest, with entries containing plenty of that sweet substance?
This time, it was the Men's Cake-Baking Contest!
My friend Danny won for his coconut pineapple and quite rightly so!
But that as not the winner in my book. Nope, not when there's pineapple upside-down cake!
(smile)


i thank You, God!

No comments: