Monday, August 13, 2018

still on summer kid time!


"People say nothing is impossible... but I do nothing all day."
Those words were uttered by Winnie the Pooh in "Christopher Robin".
I must say, I concur.
School may have started for the Fall semester and for dinosaurs, but not for me.
I am doing nothing all day, just like Pooh, and find it remarkably easy to accomplish over the course of the day.
Nothing is not impossible - nothing is absolutely possible!
(smile)

Yes, I've let my anything-is-possible 18-year-old come out to play!
After all, no school for me translates as no school for her, either.
Time for a bit of a Summer Kid Film Festival!

"The Darkest Minds" was the first viewed.
I don't know why Carolyn refused to come see it.
I found it to remind me of "Saban's Power Rangers", which I had enjoyed, but without costumes.
I very much liked the references to "Watership Down", a book I had read so many, many years ago, but which still leaves a good "taste" in my mind.
(smile)

Carolyn did agree to come out for "Christopher Robin"!
Even though she had already seen it, she joined me gladly.
I can certainly understand why!
What a delightfully funny movie!
It reminded me of "Paddington 2", another old-timey movie she and I had seen together.
This time, though, it was not the mother that rediscovers that "family comes first".
Nope, it was the father.
Nice!

i thank You, God, for these golden days with plenty of nothing to do!

No comments: