Sunday, August 19, 2018

i feel... pretty good!

I was almost ready to slip over the cliff into slumberland...
when I was jostled awake by the two songs that had kept me company earlier,
now vying for my attention and insisting on pen and paper.
So, I reached over to my bedstand...
and none was awaiting my hand.
Ack!
(By the way, thank you, Sheldon Cooper, for interjecting that nonsensical word into my lexicon, along with a visual image of the "Cathy" comic strip that had originally introduced the word to me.)
Consequently, I had to get out of bed, seek paper and writing implement, and record what my nearly-asleep self insisted to be important.
Here it is.
Try to sing along, please.
Thanks.

***** ***** *****
I feel good, I knew that I would

I feel pretty, oh so pretty

Yeah, I feel good, I knew that I would

I feel pretty and witty and gay!

So good, so good

And I pity any girl who isn't me today!

I got you!
***** ***** *****

Pardon me, now, it's been quite the busy day and I'm off to the land of sweet dreams...
(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

LOL!

That poem had come to me after watching "Anger Management", in which the song "I Feel Pretty" from "West Side Story" is used for therapy to thwart rages.

I've just watched it again...
nice to know Christina Ann loves it, too!
(smile!)