Thursday, August 2, 2018

family time!

How very nice to see Bonnie
yesterday!
Yep... on a Wednesday!
I don't recollect how she
managed to get the day off,
but I am so glad she did!
She even found someone to sit
with her mom on this weekday!
What a special treat for me!
And she insisted on paying
for our meal at El Cinco -
what a wonderful on-and-only
ever-lovin' stepmom!
Twelve-year-old Merritt was there, of course,
looking more and more every day like a younger
version of my Daddy.
Bonnie says my nephew has the same easy-going
nature and sweet attitude, too.
Now, if we could only wrest that phone away
from him once in a while...
... not that he's the only one with tiny screen
fever, as evidenced by his younger brother.
Conner may be ten years old, but he certainly
acts like he's more like 7 or 8.
Perhaps part of that is his size, as he's a bit
small, both in stature and build.
School is about to start up again, so I hope
that will help mature him a little more.
That would be good for Grandma Bonnie!

What else was good for her - and for me and for them - was having this breathing space together yesterday. Lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant - que bueno! A funny movie that made us laugh out loud - "Hotel Transylvanie 3: Summer Vacation", the same one I'd seen a few days ago with Ronnie - what a howl! The hope for another rendezvoux in the next month or so - let's certainly hope so!


Speaking of my middle brother, I saw him again today!
Incredible, right?
His daughter, my first niece, had contacted me to say she needed to see him.
She'd had a scare when she saw a man by the side of the road on Monday and could not rest until she saw her dad. She talked to him to ask him to please consider sobriety, please.
Of course, he declined to do so.
She and I went ahead and treated him to lunch at Carey Hilliard's anyway.
Maybe one day he'll change his mind...
one can only hope.

i thank You, God, for the blessing of time with family.

No comments: