Thursday, May 9, 2019

birthday gifts from AMC, just for me


Sometimes, I just happen to be at the right place at the right time!
After the 'birthday party' at the Jepson, I'd bounced back southside.
Was there a movie I could catch? Maybe?
Why, yes, there was a 'see it before it opens' screening of a new movie!
"Pokemon Detective Pikachu" was beginning at 9:05 pm!
Plenty of time!
I still had an opening on my A*List, so the movie was free!
(smile!)
Plus, AMC granted me a large popcorn and a large soda for my birthday60+1!
What a nice gift!
That saved me an additional $15.08 and gave me snacks for the week ahead.
(smile!)
The young man who took my order has a May birthday coming up, too, on the 22nd.
I'll have to try to remember that in two weeks!
He surprised me with another gift: a Pokemon package containing two trading cards!
Which ones I don't yet know.
I'm saving that for my actual birthday on the 29th.
(smile!)
Plus, Carolyn and Hai were there!
She chose seats right behind me, too!
That was tantamount to us watching the movie together.
Very nice surprise!
(smile!)
Plus, the movie had a special surprise, too!
I could tell from the audience reaction that we Americans still have a long way to go to fight racism and stereotypes, but maybe the next generation will 'get it'.
Skin color is just on the surface, folks.
Try to look deeper.
(smile!)

No comments: