Sunday, May 19, 2019

ricordi di avventura

Last month, when I was clearing house, I had finally hung this painting in the guest room.
I'd bought it in May of 2012, while in Italy with the nursing students.
Actually, I'd bought three paintings - perhaps for twenty Euros? - while in line to see The David.
One was of a gondola ride down the Grand Canal in Venice - that went as a gift to my BFF, of course.
Another, of the Tuscany region I believe, became a housewarming gift for dancing Kate.
This one has languished at my house, carefully stored while it awaited my decision.
Now, I know where it belongs: in my dining room, with me.
This painting of the Ponte Vecchio captures the enthusiasm and joy of that day in Florence!
I have "CBS Sunday Morning" to thank for helping me see that.
Nothing like an hour of stories about Firenze to remind me of its history, its craftsmen... and this 300-year-old bridge at its heart.

That structure has appeared in more than one hundred films...
and now I see it with my coffee every morn.
It's almost like I'm still walking there in Italy.
ti ringrazio, Dio.

No comments: