Saturday, May 4, 2019

early birthday treat with an odd lot!

What to do after spending the afternoon in fairyland?
Well, I had a plethora - for you, Christina! - of options.
However, which would be most in keeping with a celebration of May the Fourth?
How 'bout a Saturday at the Loft on Liberty?
You betcha, especially with a free pass in hand!
Time for a bit of birthday60+1 celebrating!
(smile!)
First things first - what lines did I enter?
Well, you know I had "Star Wars" fever on this day!
"Luke, I am your father. Don't you know any German?"
"I do so love a lisping Jedi knight!"
"Amazing how a Death Star can wreck your whole week."
"Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi!"
"Shake it! Shake it like a Wookie would!"
Of those five, only the Wookie made it out of the hat, during a game of ding slips with a topic of bowling -
with Zach, too, as before!
However, it was Trick that uttered that line for me.
Zach aired two of my suggestions, though neither was related to "Star Wars".
"Those are not robot questions, Jim." was spoken during an Actor's Nightmare skit that pitted three mortal enemies together.

Were any of my lines spoken
during Mike's bachelorette party
with his troubled guests?
No, but it was a lot of fun,
with Chad on the lam from jail,
Trick trying to get shed of the
spider crawling all over him,
and Lillian needing to beat the
dryer dinger at her home to
ward off wrinkles.
That was quite fun!
(smile!)
"Objection", the final skit of the night, was also a lot of fun!
The word of the game was "eyelash", of all things, but it certainly got the fivesome up and running!
Just look at Trick pace, would ya?!
Zach decided to grab the hat and use the slips - more audience involvement!
That's when my Frank N. Furter line - inspired by "The Legend of Georgia McBride" - was finally aired!
Thanks for the improv addition, Zach!
(smile!)

Such a fabulous way to end this marvelous Saturday I have had!
My favorite line from "Passengers" -
my fabricated "The Rocky Horror Show" backstory based on Savannah Repertory Theatre's play -
one of my "Star Wars"-influenced bits - all made it on stage!
Plus, I got lei'd!
(smile!)
There was a group with two birthday-ers and I - and Chad, too! - got festooned with bright garlands!

Hey, whaddaya know?
206611
My magic odometer says the trip was the right one!
Woohoo!

No comments: